Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Holy poo poo, apart from Baby Alive I had all of those! My Skydancer ended up lodged in the neighbor's gutter because I wasn't supposed to play with it indoors.

On top of those though, I also had:

Polly Pockets! The original awesome ones with the tiny little houses and dolls which would get recalled today as a choking hazard. That castle turned into a pretend tea set!

Littlest Pet Shops! These are still around, but sometime in the 2000's they were remade into animu-inspired doe-eyed freaks with oversized heads. The original ones were awesome though; they all did something. The chameleon changed color if you put him in warm water; the hamsters would run on their wheel if you used the handle to turn it, the puppy could play 'tug-of-war' with his bone via a hidden magnet---I even had a pony who could tilt her head to 'drink' a bottle of milk. Of course, the real fun was in combining them into an entire Beatrix Potter-world of talking animals having nonstop adventures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
That was some brand of CabbagePatch doll, I think-----it chewed things you put in its mouth-----anything that went into its mouth, including kids' fingers, pet tails, kids' hair and clothing. And you're right; no off-switch so the dolls had to get broken open for the thing to be extracted.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Wasn't there a Matchbox line that did that? Pretty sure my brother had some of those....

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Gogo Logo posted:

I don't know what it was called so I can't look it up but my fav as a child (or one of) was this little yellow plastic dog with a bone in its mouth. It had a red pull "leash" that would propel it on wheels and the drat thing blew bubbles from its mouth as it walked. (anyone have any idea what it was called? I'd love to find one if I can. This was in the early 90s.)

Was it this?

If so it's a Playskool Bubbles the Pup Motorized Walking Bubble-Blowing Dog

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh poo poo, beanie babies! I had a ton of those! Even won the shark one----his name was Munch----in a school raffle and was briefly the coolest third-grader.

^^Wow, that is super-freaky and hosed up. I'm sorry that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Captain Lavender posted:

I'd always play these at my grandma's

Oh drat, I forgot about these! There were also Ants in the Pants, Don't Break the Ice, Mousetrap and that one where you made the plastic bugs from a box of parts.

• Locked thread