Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
poo poo I need to dig out my parent's basement for my kids:

Batcave/Wayne Manor

Apparently this thing was released several times, using different colored plastics. This isn't the color I had, I think mine just had a bluish-grey stone? There was a picture of one like that on GIS, but it wasn't very good so I went with this one. The wooden wall looking thing had hinges at the top so you could drive the batmobile out... speaking of:

Batmobile

So badass, loved this thing when I was a kid. Of course, you can't have the batmobile without

Batwing

This thing was friggen huge. But the best part was how you got Batman in the cockpit:

Also worked as an "escape pod" for when he was shot down.

So cool.

Of course, I wasn't just about Batman. I also loved the turtles. The Technodrome was pretty great:

And the guy who mentioned the turtle van? Yeah:

Also had this:

The roof would lift up so you could play inside the jail. Also had a Saloon to go with it, but couldn't find a good picture of it on GIS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Vorpal Cat posted:

For content, Star Wars Power of the Force Millennium Falcon playset

This thing was awesome, but my mom has yet to forgiven the 100+ stickers she had to apply to get it ready for 6 year old me.

edit: holy table breaking batman

My kids have that to play with, as well as the x-wing and tie fighter depicted on that box.

I see your Poly Pocket and raise you Mighty Max!

Essentially the same poo poo but aimed at boys. I had the Skull, the Lizard-lookin' one, and the Snake, and the giant green dragon one. The snake was pretty cool, when opened it had a plastic rope thing that would connect part of the lid to the snake head, like this:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Just going to post this one as a link, don't want to bother with dropping the pic in imgur right now.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25848889@N03/5944558542

Playmobile pirate ship. Look at the goddamn rigging on that thing.

Panfilo posted:

Anyone remember Captain Power? My mom got me one of the ships and the VHS tape. Basically it was a light gun type game where certain areas of the screen would have these seizure inducing flashy bits. You would try to hit them , and try to avoid their fireball shots. They had a short lived tv show that let you use the toys to interact with the action.

I quite clearly remember the moment when I, watching one of those videos and playing along with the ship, suddenly stopped, looked from the ship to the TV, and thought "Wait, that's a VHS tape, it's going to do what it does without my input, these things don't interact at all".

RickVoid has a new favorite as of 06:09 on Oct 11, 2015

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Motherfucking SOUNDWAVE

I envied the bejesus out of one of my older cousins for having this.
A giant robot that turned into a boombox and launched tapes that transformed into smaller murder-bots. God drat.. SO 80s.
And soundwave had the coolest voice in the cartoon.

I had this as a very young child, but it disappeared along with a bunch of other poo poo during the move back to the States when my dad left the Army.

Sadness.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

kizudarake posted:

He-man wasn't my favorite, though, happily. That was Transformers.

They didn't get to castle grayskull, probably because it was it was so goddamn expensive, so it ended up turning into the Autobot Base, and I used a lot of pieces of other toy bases placed carefully as the deception base, including the MASK Boulder Hill and some GI Joe vehicles.

About a month after the toy burning, my dad took me to the kaybee toy liquidators before mom got home from work, and spent like $150 on all the transformers I wanted that they had in stock, apologizing for tagging along with the crowd, telling me not to tell mom, and then a few days later, mom took me to Walmart after dad went to work and spent almost as much on transformers, telling me the same thing.

They still took us to the same church, because it was next to my Grandmother's house, but that was the start of our drifting away from it. We stopped going to Sunday night and mostly stopped going to Wednesday night services.

Well at least it had a happy ending, though if they had actually talked about it with each other they might have decided as a couple to abandon that poo poo altogether.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Frostwerks posted:

I seriously doubt they would have abandoned their child.

:drat:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Had the bonus feature of: "Find the little pegs in the oddest of places for the next decade or so".

Also "Burn the tips of your fingers because it was on all night and you didn't wait long enough after turning it off to play with it again". I'm fairly convinced that my moderate insensitivity to heat via touch can be traced back to that thing.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Dogfish posted:

This makes me remember a toy I LOVED as a kid but can only half-remember. It was I think supposed to teach math skills. It was red and had a screen and a keyboard, and there were little running guys who would dash across the screen to help you learn addition. I still remember the little song it played when it tallied them up! Oh man I loved that thing.

That was the one I had, I've been waiting for someone else to mention it. Here's a bunch of pictures of the thing: here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Oh man, so much cool stuff.

quote:

They re-released the Falcon and X-Wing in the mid-nineties, I had those. The "Ewok Village" was re-released a few years after this catalogue came out for the Kevin Costner Robin Hood film as Sherwood Forest. It had a plastic leaf canopy that went over the top.

quote:

Def had that Battlecat in the upper right.

quote:

I am 100% sure I had that Soundwave when we lived in Germany. Yet another thing that got stolen during the move back to the US. Arggh.

• Locked thread