Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Those were for setting on fire or peeling open to get at the sweet sweet gunpowder inside. Are they still for sale?

I don't know but why not just buy gunpowder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You know, with our fairly strict gun laws and explosives regulation I just assumed I'd need a license but I just looked it up and I can get a few kilos of it before I need one. Thanks toy thread!

No prob.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lidnsya posted:

I just remembered Capsela!

My dad always bought me science toys. :3

You know you'd think there aren't that many childhood things you've forgotten about (since threads like these have been all over the internet for a decade or so) and then someone posts something like this.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

e: Do they make these with other colours? I mean this is the only one I ever see because it's perfect for both the Swedish and Finnish markets but... do they even sell these elsewhere?

ee: Apparently yes and they even sell guys in different colours because they're not fixed. Cool beans.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Oct 17, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

zVxTeflon posted:

I had a teenage mutant ninja turtle version when I was a kid.

Was the puck a pizza? This is important.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

They were way better than the electric football game my oldest cousin had though. Stupid thing just vibrated until everyone fell over.

What a weird thing for a cousin to do :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I dare you to build anything except lovely Frog Zoid from the lovely Frog Zoid kit which is what I had.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is that Robotix?

e: Also known as "Did you see the Other Zoids on Super Channel yesterday? They sucked."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Yep, I don't really recall either cartoon though

I can lend you the VHS.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stick Insect posted:

What on earth is it? Like, how do you use it?

Very

carefully.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Lavender posted:

Another grandma's-house board game:

Kind of a Jenga-like game. That board is spring loaded - pressing on the pieces. You try to take out pieces without creating a gap that causes the spring-board to snap closed making the remaining pieces fly out of the box. It was like, 1, 2 or 3 points per piece depending on how big it was.

Reminds me of a plastic (I believe Japanese) game I had as a kid that had like 20-30 different-shaped holes you'd try to cram small plastic bits in (only one of each shape) but there was a timer and if the timer ran out when you were pushing a piece in, it would slam down a plate underneath the face plate to block the holes with a really loud KA-CHUNK and cut off a child's finger. What fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Someone's uploaded a ton of old catalogs, particularly some Sears Wish Books. Brings back a lot of memories of making Christmas lists. For some stupid reason, I always wanted a rock tumbler.

A childhood friend had the He-Man castle, which I thought was the coolest thing in first grade.

Oh the new new Masters of the Universe. The old new Masters of the Universe were much worse but still :shrug:

• Locked thread