Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Gorilla Salad posted:

Uh, excuse me, the Y-Wing was never Luke's fighter.

Sure hope somebody lost their job over that blunder

Somebody never read the Jedi Prince books :rolleyes:

I was born right as the 80s died so most of these toys I know only as, like, older brothers of friends' stuff we were never allowed to touch.

How long did everyone with LEGO tend to keep it together as the 'real' instruction-built set? For me it was literally three days tops before I'd disassemble and re-purpose. The crowning glory of my LEGO years was combining the motors and drivetrains of the Bionicle fighting crabs into one unit that served as the base for a huge multilevel sandcrawler clad in Millennium Falcon and UFO quarter-circle dome parts on hinges so the interior was accessible, just like a 'real' playset. God I wish I had some pictures of that thing.

Also, for the identify-a-toy pile, I had a couple of sets of vehicle toys that could combine into one large vehicle or split into a convoy. There was a construction one, a firefighting one that could squirt water from its hoses via a little pump, and a space shuttle mobile launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread