Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Foxhound posted:

Yeah this thread has almost made me want to raid my parents' attic for my old stuff. Looking back it's kinda boggles the mind when I try to think of how much money my parents must have spent on lego for every christmas and birthday for like 8 years.

Back in the 80's Legos were a lot cheaper though. I remember being able to save my allowance for a couple weeks and be able to buy one of the kits and some candy. Now for even the garbage little kits you have to drop like $40 and everything is licensed and I don't think the kids are even using them the right way anymore and...old man grumble:argh:

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 18:51 on Oct 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pastry of the Year posted:

TOMY made the best stuff.

I played with this thing for so many hours. I may actually buy one again.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So many dinosaur toys but you're all forgetting the best ones:

Playskool Dinosaurs motherfuckers! They came with cavemen to ride them and little story books. I loved getting them for birthdays and Xmas as a kid.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought they were a cartoon, but turns out they weren't....but these bad mother fuckers were!!!!!

VISIONARIES!

Taught me that bad guys always have beards. A lesson that holds true through today.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Jan 7, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers 80s cartoon theme songs.

M m m Mask!

Mask was awesome and I dropped the green motorcycle guy into my pool and it got all rusted. Wish I still had those toys to give to my nephew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Frankston posted:

My mother let me and my bro watch gruesome 80's adult movies growing up so we were all over stuff like RoboCop, Aliens, Terminator, that kinda thing. Back then these R-rated movies had toy lines for children for some inexplicable reason. Anyway, I got this for like my 6th birthday I think:

I was so psyched until I ran outside wearing it and fell over scraping the poo poo out of it about 20 minutes after I got it. :(

Also this thing was my pride and joy:

They had toys because parents got to decide if their kids could watch R movies back then. Sort of like today. Deadpool has toys I think.

• Locked thread