Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The AFC team of TFF is the Oakland Raiders. A long time juggernaut that has been run well for millennia and who's owner is a fashion icon.

How does this work?

Well, we all watch different games. The N/V and aftermath threads are not focused and participants can't really get in depth, so this is an attempt to focus the forums on two interesting teams. The only rule is that you need to focus on the Raiders. If you're talking about their opponent only talk about them as they relate to Oakland. Example:

"Russel Bodine Is poo poo." Bad.
"Russel Bodine got worked by the Raiders DT but he's been poor overall so I'm not certain it was great play by them." Better.

What do I need to do?

Whatever, as long as you're contributing. This is not the place to talk about the tuck rule or how the Chargers are way better or whatever. Post game summaries, ask questions, whatever. Just don't go off topic and this probably isn't a good venue for game day thread style posting.

What if the Raiders end up sucking more than we expected?

There's no commitment. If you lose interest just stop posting.

This is an experiment. Do as much as you like. I'll compile Game posts in the next post so we have an easy reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Game Comments:

Game 1:

OxySnake posted:

Well I don't want to fall behind! Just finished game 1 vs the Bengals, here is what I saw

Bengals Notes
1.) Andy Dalton looks really god drat good. Everything was placed right into everyones hands.
2.) Geno Atkins beasted the RG that whole game. Holy poo poo.

Raiders Notes

• Raiders had a real problem setting the edge early in the game. How good are Cincy's tackles?

• Carr's arm strength looks really good. He barely puts anything on it and it sails. (Granted this is from a person who has watched Christian Ponder, Matt Cassel and Teddy Bridgewater for the past 5 years)
    Also he needs to learn how to god drat slide. No reason to be stiff arming Pacman on that scramble.

• Marcel Reece is cool and good. Sucks that his long run got taken back though. He juked the hell out of the LB.

• They are playing ALOT of 5 man fronts with a single high safety early. Looks like they switched to their nickel a lot after that. But even with that Oakland has really soft coverage in the middle of the field, and their
    safeties arent closing in on WR/TE after they clear the LB level fast enough.
    I can see how TE's are going nuts on them this year.

• Latavius Murray also looks good. Good speed through the hole.

• Seth Roberts please hold onto the god drat ball.

Game 2:

Eifert Posting posted:

I just watched the Raiders second game (I, uh, saw the first one already) condensed and I'm excited about seeing all their games. They are a cool team and here are some of my take aways:
  • Holy poo poo, #27 tackles like a pachycephalosaurus who is tha- oh, Taylor Mays.

• Carr has a cannon but I can't tell if he's picking targets ahead or making reads.

• Both defensive secondaries were getting away with murder despite getting flagged a bunch.

• The Raiders receivers are fun to watch. I liked Hurns a lot and he's the #3.

• Raiders O-line seemed to outplay the ravers most of the game.

• Big question: Ravens TE was eating the Raiders alive first half and then disappeared. I want to watch 22 and see whether they took him away or if Flacco just got the Steven Smith Sr vapors.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 10, 2015

• Locked thread