Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Ok, so I've now watched (condensed) all 5 Raiders games. Observations:

1) The Raiders are fun to watch.
2) They've been in every game other than that Bengals fiasco.
3) They should have beaten the Bears.
4) Derek Carr looks very good for a second year QB. Good arm, good targets, etc.
5) Carr does seem to really rely on Crabtree uber alles though.
6) Great to watch a team with a decent run game, although the run game seems to only go through Murray and to fail when others come in (screens work with Reese, but that's the only really successful plays I saw with Reese).
7) It's great to watch a team with a decent defense. Not great, necessarily, but at least decent defense.

e: 8) It turns out I only know enough to watch football for fun, not to break it down like Menamino et al.

ulmont fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
I sort of think that this @Chargers game is showing more about the Chargers (total inconsistency - the Chargers hung with the Packers until the end last week) than the Raiders, although what I may be seeing instead is a young team growing up in front of me.

I'll rewatch it in condensed form Tuesday or Wednesday, but I don't know that I'm taking away a whole lot about the Raiders so far.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

This game (Raiders-Jets) was summed up here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3749145&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post452199981

Summary is from a Jets perspective, but it was a fun game to watch for the Raiders.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

The Raiders running game is still a breath of fresh air to someone used to no running game though.

• Locked thread