Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

infernal machines posted:

if they had gas ovens they'd probably have gas heating too
:bsdsnype::gas::smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

if they had gas ovens they'd probably have gas heating too

short of a sheep fired oven the only thing they've got to work with is wood or electricity
i watched a new zealand documentary recently and i think they mostly just burn vampires over there

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
even with mains gas, who would have a gas oven? it makes no sense.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

jony ive aces posted:

i watched a new zealand documentary recently and i think they mostly just burn vampires over there

that movie was hilarious

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
echi would you offer a yosposter rebate

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

~Coxy posted:

a lot of ppl in my home land of california and i think the whle country have natural gas ovens + heaters. my oven for ex is natural gas. you turn the dial and gas comes out, then it lights tyhe gas with a fire thing.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

~Coxy posted:

where do you live? because this is actually incredibly common in north america

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
gas is really cheap

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

gas is really cheap

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poisoned pie posted:

Man I used to think that NZ was a good place to live and that by moving to Sydney I had traded a level of living quality in exchange for opportunity, but the more I hear about things it seems like NZ is actually just cold and boring and expensive???? My quarterly elec bill was like $350 for the 3rd quarter and I hammered the dryer during that period cause we had a pretty wet winter here.

well it's cold in winter, and cost of living is high and opportunity low and overall city life poo poo but if those things don't matter it's fine

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

~Coxy posted:

:hitler:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

~Coxy posted:

all other oven and range technologies are garbage

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Echi buy teh Aga and bankrupt urself :twisted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis posted:

well it's cold in winter, and cost of living is high and opportunity low and overall city life poo poo but if those things don't matter it's fine

so the only way to live down there is to rent your farm to a bunch of sharecroppers and then cry about being called a farmer by the internet?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
or sell drugs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

duTrieux. posted:

nope. electric ovens might cost a lot but they are good as gently caress to use

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

echinopsis posted:

nope. electric ovens might cost a lot but they are good as gently caress to use

how long does it take for the temperature to go down when you turn it down

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

or sell drugs

well you clearly made the better choice there.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Syncopated posted:

echi would you offer a yosposter rebate

of fuckin course

well depends in who exactly but I probably wouldn't charge anything if it was small length of time. only really doing this though while no long term renters doing it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

duTrieux. posted:

how long does it take for the temperature to go down when you turn it down

idk? ages it you leave t shut or less if u leve open

never had to do that

having options of fan grill or fan bake or fan forced or other combos and decent thermostat is key

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

echinopsis posted:

idk? ages it you leave t shut or less if u leve open

never had to do that

having options of fan grill or fan bake or fan forced or other combos and decent thermostat is key

give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which i desire

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
- avril lavigne

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i enjoyed the last b&b i stayed in with the bf but i couldnt host one of my own because i remember back in school when people would put coins and pencils in the giant fan until it started making terrifying noises and i dont have a giant fan but they might find something else to break

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
echi would you offer a yosposter complimentary hallucinogens with his stay

a small tablet on the pillow when she gets there, perhaps

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no! that's a crime and belieb it or not I am straight edge

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he'll gladly leave a plan "b" on your pillow though

poisoned pie
Jan 15, 2005

Can you feel the colors?

he'll gladly leave a plan "b" on your pillow though

wish he wud take a plan b for his poasting

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if anyone in ur hacker house codes anything of value, try to take credit for a piece of it somehow

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

indigi posted:

airbnb rules and sucks. all the places I've stayed in were great but one time I left a really nice blazer in one and texted the landlady "hey can you get it and send it back to me" and she replied essentially "wat lol" and I never got it back
Yeah you should give that host a bad review. I totally mail poo poo back to guests and also let them have stuff mailed here in advance and I store it for them. They're a bit more like roommates due to the longer stay though.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

whats that? a 436 dollar power bill last month? jesus christ

is that like 50 freedom dollars or what

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i enjoyed the last b&b i stayed in with the bf but i couldnt host one of my own because i remember back in school when people would put coins and pencils in the giant fan until it started making terrifying noises and i dont have a giant fan but they might find something else to break
I've taken on ~30 guests so far and the only bad experience I had was with a couple of foreigners who didn't understand the concept of shower curtains. Leave bad review, shrug it off.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

duTrieux. posted:

I agree that electric stoves/ranges are poo poo but electric ovens are good

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ShadowHawk posted:

Be a baller like me and rent a 5 bedroom home then rerent the other 4 rooms on airbnb and pay net negative rent in motherfucking mountain view

All for the cost of doing some extra laundry and changing sheets every now and again. You gotta clean a bit more too but that's stuff you shoulda been doing anyway.

If the check-in/out load gets too annoying just put discounts on longer stays and fill up on on 3-month interns who are desperate not to sign a real lease.

tell us more about your impending bedbug infestation

having random strangers sleep in your home constantly is a recipe for pestilence, and keeping that down is hard even for hotels with industrial cleaning poo poo and endless supplies of clean towels and sheets

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

~Coxy posted:

I agree that electric stoves/ranges are poo poo but electric ovens are good

I had an induction hob and that poo poo fuckin ruled. got hot as gently caress but the biggest benefit was how low it could go too, something gas fails

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

yeah man let's slow-cook some cookies

fresh-baked in only 8 hours!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a hob is the thing you put a frying pan on!!!!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

god, speak english will you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
induction oven? hosed up if true

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
One of the two electric oven/range things in my dorm kitchen is a Vulcan. Instead of coils it has these flat plates that get hot real fast and boil stuff quick but are also good at simmering, and they own hard. I looked up how much it would be to get one for a house but apparently it costs $5500 :gowron:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cook Slow and Prosper

• Locked thread