Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I get deep tissue massages fairly often and mostly find them extremely helpful, but sometimes there is a weird thing where over the course of the massage I develop a buildup of pain in the lower right corner of my back. It almost feels like the pain that used to be in my shoulders/neck/arms is somehow being relocated there, and when the therapist works on that area it doesn't seem to diffuse it. It does go away immediately when I turn over but it can be pretty unpleasant and distracting during. any idea what that could mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tony Montana posted:

for me, success means I'm at a place where I can get one or two massages a week during my lunch break.

For those here that work in an office and deal with stress, the lunch-time massage is one of our greatest benefits.

Just had one.. and I feel loving great and relaxed :)

edit: on the male/female thing, I like to be massaged exclusively by women. It's not really sexual, but I won't deny I just enjoy having a women run her hands over me as opposed to a man. Being young and pretty also helps, which I know probably sucks for those that want to talk about objective therapy but I'm paying and I'm just being honest. It's never led to sex or anything in Australia, the massage I had before the girl was being really nice and after chatting for a while we built a little bridge. But generally it's just that if I have to be in close proximity to someone for half an hour and they're touching me all over, young women just automatically put me at ease in that situation. I've had male therapists before but I just can't relax properly.

I've never had a satisfactory massage from a young woman. Every truly good massage I've gotten has been from either a middle aged or older woman, or from a man.

• Locked thread