Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I cant get enough of Terry reclining luxuriously in the battle screen. Never send him away.

And yeah, I too didnt give this game much thought beyond "oh boy i bet this is sooo real and edgy to a 12 year old". Clearly I was wrong. Forgive me, Dingaling.

If you want forgiveness you must sacrifice.
/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkOfTurus
Apr 23, 2008
Let Terry die

We don't have time for babysitting.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Mazed posted:

I sincerely appreciate the tiny deer he's riding.

The deer's name is Spaghetti.

Remember that for later.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

We should save our best buddy Terry. He might seem useless now but the Hints Man seems like a pro at tutorials and so should be useful in the times ahead, more so than our gear which we can restock on. Like, what happens if 4 hours in we get introduced to a new game mechanic but there are no tutorials to explain how to use it, you'll be sorry then. We've got to think ahead in these sort of situations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'd say save Terry if only because these jerks seem like they'll be recurring and thus in the future we might get the opportunity to take our stuff back anyway but we can't get back Terry if he's dead. Also in a bleak world like this the only way we remain human is to stick together.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Blastinus posted:

At first I wondered whether keeping Terry around was really worth it, but then I saw how much damage the guy you Pissed Off did to himself, and that convinced me.

Save Terry.

This. Save Terr Bear AKA Old Terry Bastard AKA Big Baby Terry AKA Turt McGurt

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

NEVERMIND JUST GO READ PANZER'S LP

bawk fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 12, 2015

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i haven't play LISA and have a feeling saving terry would result in his death anyway but why not, save terry

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Nanomashoes posted:

If you want forgiveness you must sacrifice.
/

He looks like he'd be the hero's cocky rival in an 80s martial arts flick.

That's actually sorta perfect, considering.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

death .cab for qt posted:

a poo poo ton of spoilers

ok yeah let's cool it on the overt spoilers for other games

Edit: just delete it, if you paste bin it people will start discussing that and then we'll have a full on spoiler discussion

thevoiceofdog fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 12, 2015

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Do you want me to edit that all out? I figured a tagged spoilers explanation on the atmospheric music would be alright since it doesn't pertain to LISA but if you'd prefer me to blank it I will

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
We need to Save the gently caress Outta Terry.

We don't need these items. We'll get more. And we'll get rid of Terry somewhere else.

And then we will come back, and defeat the enemy. And we will become strong.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

thevoiceofdog posted:

ok yeah let's cool it on the overt spoilers for other games

Edit: just delete it, if you paste bin it people will start discussing that and then we'll have a full on spoiler discussion

yo not to sound impatient but what is your usual update rate for your LPs?

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
I like to take my time with updates, but sometimes my schedule is very sporadic. I'm more inclined to do things 'right' than fast. Expect the next update sometime this week though, I think I have things figured out for the next few episodes.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Save the Hint Man

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
This is a fantastic game. I can't wait to see what you do.

That said, keep the Lord of Hints

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The other LP saved him and you had to go grab that stash of 50 mags before letting yourself be punted by the bus. I think 30 mags is pushing it but he's definitely not worth 50! Kill Terry.

FatherBlueMidget
Jan 24, 2015
This is the first I have ever heard of this game and already i'm feeling an odd mix of dread, humor and something that i cant put my finger on, But its still looks to be a fantastic game in the Long Run.

I say Spare the Hint Man, we can always use him as a Human Baseball Bat.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I spared Terry and then quit soon after because the combat dragged on too much. i'm probably going to give it another shot and coming off of Undertale I can't bring myself to do what you must:

Kill Terry

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

thevoiceofdog's intro and first episode were enough to convince me to buy the game, but does anyone know anything about the DLC? Steam has the basic game and a value pack with the game, the soundtrack, and what sounds like a "meanwhile" side quest. Has anyone tried that? Is it worth getting, or should I just get the basic game?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Railing Kill posted:

thevoiceofdog's intro and first episode were enough to convince me to buy the game, but does anyone know anything about the DLC? Steam has the basic game and a value pack with the game, the soundtrack, and what sounds like a "meanwhile" side quest. Has anyone tried that? Is it worth getting, or should I just get the basic game?

I recommend purchasing the soundtrack+art collection, as the OST is fantastic and you get these really nice high quality character bios, like this one of good ole' Terry.

I assume by "side quest" you mean Lisa the Joyful. That's a continuation/followup to the Painful, and you'll want to play it if you want the full story.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Railing Kill posted:

Gameplay wise I'm not crazy about Joyful, but there are some cool things about it and it does close off the story of LISA. I'll cover it once we get there.

Edit: And yeah I have the art collection, will probably start posting the bio pics of characters we get in each episode, provided they don't have any huge spoilers.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Genocyber posted:

I recommend purchasing the soundtrack+art collection, as the OST is fantastic and you get these really nice high quality character bios, like this one of good ole' Terry.

I assume by "side quest" you mean Lisa the Joyful. That's a continuation/followup to the Painful, and you'll want to play it if you want the full story.

thevoiceofdog posted:

Gameplay wise I'm not crazy about Joyful, but there are some cool things about it and it does close off the story of LISA. I'll cover it once we get there.

Edit: And yeah I have the art collection, will probably start posting the bio pics of characters we get in each episode, provided they don't have any huge spoilers.

Gotcha. I'll shell out the extra 5 bucks or whatever. It sounds like it's worth it for the soundtrack alone. I'm willing to take my chances with the extra game at that price.

Thanks for the help!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
W/r/t Lisa the Painful's story: there are a lot of elements to the plot that are implied. Buy the DLC if you need these spelled out for you in black and white. Also, Lisa the Joyful lacks a lot of the humour and strategy that made the base game fun. Get it if you must have more Lisa, but know that your mileage may vary.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its not as fun as the base game for sure but supposedly the changes made to it after release make it easier to get through so its not really a pain to play. I'd say its worth buying just for the soundtrack but I'm a sucker for weird music.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

thevoiceofdog posted:

I like to take my time with updates, but sometimes my schedule is very sporadic. I'm more inclined to do things 'right' than fast. Expect the next update sometime this week though, I think I have things figured out for the next few episodes.

Yeah how long did you spend chasing bees and other bugs with your camera for your Botanicula LP?
Made for more interesting videos I will give you that.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah Botanicula was great. I bought the game becasue of the LP, so thanks for that, dog! Thanks for StarTropics and 11th hour too btw. Good LPs all.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

It's too bad The Path never got finished since I liked what you were doing with it but I can't blame you for putting your sanity above trying to come up with more ideas of how to make a bad game made by weird people fun to watch. I should get to the 11th Hour and Botanicula sometime.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The Path was really cool and interesting(The LP not the game as much) but I can see why it would burn someone out.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It's too bad The Path never got finished since I liked what you were doing with it but I can't blame you for putting your sanity above trying to come up with more ideas of how to make a bad game made by weird people fun to watch. I should get to the 11th Hour and Botanicula sometime.

odd to bring up the path, that was long long ago.

I'm more hoping for the end of the Parasite Eve II Biomess appreciation stream.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Internet Kraken posted:

Its not as fun as the base game for sure but supposedly the changes made to it after release make it easier to get through so its not really a pain to play.

As someone who has played the DLC before and after the update, that's only sort of true.

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
The OP's through-the-roof grade for Lurking Darkness doesn't sound like exaggeration

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

this game better not be 3edgy5me. here's hoping it manages to pull off being funny. I have to admit, the guy riding up on the tiny deer saying "howdy mother fucker" was the funniest thing I saw today.

I kind of want to kill terry because he's annoying, but sadly i value human life no matter how annoying it is. There's only one terry, but we can get more stuff later. So ditch the stuff.

Oh, and thanks for letting me know that OMORI exists. That thing looks extremely my poo poo. I can't wait!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So far, the game seems less edgy and just bleak. It's not like "YEAH IT'S SO DARK AWESOME" it's more like "Yeah, this poo poo happens, I guess."

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I loved the tone of the game pretty much all the way through, it's hilarious and bleak and dark as poo poo but never really edgy or overdone. The DLC... maybe not so much, but we'll get to that later.

You gotta save that tutorial man. You know drat well he'd do the same and more for you!

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

So far, the game seems less edgy and just bleak. It's not like "YEAH IT'S SO DARK AWESOME" it's more like "Yeah, this poo poo happens, I guess."

Yeah. I meant to say it better not turn out to be like that, cause so far it's not. It doesn't shove its message down your throat. it just presents you with the world and is like hey look at this lovely place. i can respect that.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Nothing against the guy but Kill Terry.
I'm just curious to see how things play out.

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! Karl has a job! What's my purpose?
Karl has a job!Karl has a job!
What's my purpose? What's my
You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?
We got, like, over fifty mags, guys.

Kill Terry

Antikythera
Jan 27, 2011

Just like clockwork.
Save Terry
Where would we be without all those helpful hints?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Zira posted:

We got, like, over fifty mags, guys.

Kill Terry

And we only have one Terry.

Save Terry.

• Locked thread