Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I didn't buy it because I'm not sure it will run on my machine, and my computer can't handle recording software anyway.

From Wikipedia:

quote:

The Daedalus Encounter is an interactive movie puzzle adventure game developed by Mechadeus and published by Virgin Interactive for MS-DOS and 3DO. The premise of the game is that there are three space marines who have fought as part of an interstellar war. One of them, Casey, has been brought back to life by his partners after a space accident and he is now a brain grafted in a life-support system. In order to save themselves, the three characters and the player solve all sorts of puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I also did not buy "Between You and Me" by Mike Wallace.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Daedalus Encounter.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

The Daedalus Encounter.
There was a John Grisham novel with the same title in the books on CD.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Christian Bocher (Comedy Central's Limboland)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Limboland link on Wikipedia's "List of programs broadcast by Comedy Central" links to here.

Here's a review of the show written by Adam Sandler in 1994, for Variety:

Adam Sandler posted:

Video visionaries Lol Creme and Lexi Godfrey, known for their groundbreaking work with musicvideos in the developing days of the genre, leave no creative or technological stone unturned in “Limboland,” a 30-minute interstitial presentation for the Comedy Channel.

Using fast-paced comedy vignettes lasting between 30 and 60 seconds each, and incorporating digital sound and state-of-the-art editing, the creative duo scores often with dialogue and sight gags in a sort of vaudeville-meets-MTV presentation.

Some attempts at levity fall far short of their intended target, such as the “Cooking for Anorexics” and the “Hit Man and the Mime” segs, both of which might have garnered a smile on paper but failed to translate onto video. A loud laughtrack assures a positive response, but the result may cause some viewers to wonder why they’re not laughing.

Program’s quickly paced sketches are disappointingly derivative, with many taking on a Monty Python familiarity.

But other offerings redeem the work, such as a talking skeleton, dubbed “the late Jackie Lenny,” doing his best Borscht Belt comic routines and hosting an interview with one of the guest stars, comic/actor Dana Gould.

Videophiles will appreciate the technique used to bring the “Dead Skeleton” to life. It is the fruit of a real-time digital animation process invented by Creme.

A silent Stewart Copeland (composer and former drummer for the Police) chases an animated bee from snare to high-hat. The bit goes on too long, and its presentation appears to be below the creative standards previously set by the production team.

But the use of celeb guests — future episodes will include Randy Newman and Herbie Hancock — appears to be an integral part of the format and is likely, along with the sketch material, to be more creatively developed in future episodes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Original music by HER HOUSE.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Original music by HER HOUSE.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I can't find any information about "HER HOUSE" online.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's one guide on GameFAQs, written by an anonymous author. http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/565063-the-daedalus-encounter/faqs/2095

quote:

Back in the central hub, go to the yellow (2) door, click yellow to open it,
go through the next door, turn left, go through the door, and turn around.
Just to the left of the door is another orb dispenser. "send" it "246135" then
click "grapple-arm" to get the orb. Return to the hub. The orbs will be
inserted into the device.

Go to the orange door, click orange to open it, go through the next door into
the medical centre. Close in the hand you amputated earlier and click
"grapple-arm". Return to the hub.

Zack will toss the hand off. Look around on the floor and "grapple-arm" it
again.

After the elevator ride you will see a live alien. When Ari asks you to talk
to it, "send" it "452" (from one of the panels).

And they all lived happily ever after.

The End

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ronnie Montrose is actually a big deal though.

quote:

The first Montrose album was often cited as "America's answer to Led Zeppelin"[2] and Ronnie Montrose was often referred to as one of the most influential guitarists in American hard rock.[3]

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't find any information about "HER HOUSE" online.
I think they're a third-person Madness cover band.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think they're a third-person Madness cover band.
> Our hyper-real 3-D environment
> In the middle of the street

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you look at Tia Carrere's IDMB page, all her roles used to have more Asian names when she first started out. Then they get whiter and whiter as she becomes more famous.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
people sold a surprising amount of copies of keyless Diablo 2 and keyless Brood War to Goodwill

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

people sold a surprising amount of copies of keyless Diablo 2 and keyless Brood War to Goodwill
Goodwill only takes donated goods, they're not a pawn shop.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ronnie Montrose is actually a big deal though.
Wikipedia says the first Montrose album was Sammy Hagar's debut as a vocalist

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
yeah i forgot.

they were paid in good feelings then

I miss when Goodwill legit had lots of cool electronic stuff when they didn't ebay anything really good. habitats for humanity opened a store chain called the restore that owned for a little bit for electronics and games but they started ebaying stuff too

i got a 5.1 set, a 17" lcd, and some ps2 controllers for hella cheap at one once and now you can't even find good books at them. i'm sad i didn't pick up donkey bongos when they had a stack of like 10 of em

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I found a copy of Hunky Dory on vinyl at a Salvation Army once. The games selection at the thrift stores around me is total poo poo.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
a good thrift store/goodwill/sufficiently desperate pawn shop is a treasure

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The pawn shop near me has a bunch of PS2 games in the window, the only good one that I can remember is DMC3:SE

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You used to be able to get games at swap meets, but now they all look up the prices of things on eBay, only they don't get that those are the prices for the games in working condition with the box and instructions, not for a sun-damaged copy of Kirby Superstar sitting on a table under a tent in a parking lot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I used to have a big collection of old games and consoles (SNES/Genesis and earlier) but I sold them all to a friend of mine because game collecting got too frustrating.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there used to be a flea market near my place with huge piles of snes games during the n64 gen but i was too poor to get anything

which sucked because they just had 3 prices, $5 for garbage, $10 for good, $20 for big name rare stuff like final fantasy 3

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I didn't buy it because I'm not sure it will run on my machine, and my computer can't handle recording software anyway.

From Wikipedia:

How about you "encounter" my rear end.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
There's a pawn shop type place for electronics near me that always advertises on Craigslist I've never been there but I can see from the pictures they post that it's stupid retro gouging poo poo like $50 for a gold NES Zelda cart or $120 for a Game Boy Advance and I'm just like lol yeah good luck idiots.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

How about you "encounter" my rear end.
Hmm... this guy wants me to gently caress him in the rear end.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

And?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nice.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
good will gaming

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

red plastic cup posted:

good will gaming

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
*puts piece of paper to the window*

Oh yeah? I got 30 lives. How do you like them apples

Soral
May 30, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

congrats

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the game would work with dos box right?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

the game would work with dos box right?
I have no idea. However:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMsGNU83SpQ

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

when/why did your name turn red

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

when/why did your name turn red
It looks normal to me, I have no idea. I didn't know it had changed.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, it just showed up. I have no idea still.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

It looks normal to me, I have no idea. I didn't know it had changed.
Lowtax did it for the nookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Lowtax did it for the nookie.
That makes sense.

• Locked thread