Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I really can't believe they haven't banned take out slides considering all of the concussion controversies in sports.

edit: or if it's already technically illegal, then I can't believe they haven't issued a directive to actually follow the rules like the NCAA did with basketball refs.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Are you loving kidding me

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

So are the Mets going to throw to second like Darling was talking about? I didn't think the result of this review was even possible by rule??

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Harmless popup
Crowd cheers wildly as if it will be a home run

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

I would hope Collins is continuing under protest.

Probably, but has that ever actually accomplished anything?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

the last successful protest was in 2014 when the Giants got a rain-shortened game restarted

Cool, I don't remember that. I would still bet my life savings MLB wouldn't do poo poo in this scenario.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

R.A. Dickey posted:

So it seems Collins couldn't have challenged Utley never touching the base (after breaking Tejada's leg). Apparently the rules allow for the replay official to place runners where they would have been if the call they're reviewing had been made correctly

gently caress baseball.

I'm so sick of players getting their bodies completely hosed up because baseball has all of this "history and tradition" of maiming each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The Nards Pan posted:

There are other sports you can watch. American Football and Ice Hockey are both just getting their seasons started.

Baseball has always been my favorite sport, it just annoys me that they haven't addressed this issue.

• Locked thread