Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I'm way late but that was a fantastically dirty slide by Utley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bregor posted:

I tuned in late, was Cal saying it was a good slide
Ron Darling thinks it's really dirty, Cal says "hard-nosed" baseball but I think he's trying to straddle the fence on that one.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

LOL UMPZ

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bregor posted:

Cal loving sucks
I think in the moment he honestly doesn't realize that Chase didn't even slide at the bag. It would have been an okay slide if Utley had gone down about six feet earlier because Tejada couldn't see where Utley was since his back was turned. Any contact would have taken him out.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well if the Mets don't appeal then they deserve this.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Waffles Inc. posted:

this is a farce of sports

gently caress literally every fan cheering right now and gently caress the dodgers
All Collins had to was protest. The Dodgers were arguing whether Tejada touched the base. Collins could have argued that Utley didn't touch the base. I don't think you can review two things simultaneously so he would have had to do it that way.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

With this, now we wait to see who gets thrown at.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Yeah all while tending to his starting SS with the broken leg. All Collins fault obviously.
Well he could have discussed it with the umps after the first review you big goof.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Squall posted:

Didn't he discuss something with the umps after the first review? Not that we know what was said, but I thought he went back out there for a chat.
I thought so, but it wasn't very long. He was probably discussing the procedure on the review.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Waffles Inc. posted:

goddamn the entire tv crew is loving terrible
No Ron Darling knows what's up

That poo poo would have been flagged if it happened the NFL and instead Utley got to go back to second after a review.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

Is his leg for sure broken? I didn't know there were any updates.
The trainers put Tejada's leg in a pump-able air cast before carting him off. That rarely happens without a serious leg injury having occurred.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bregor posted:

Well this sucks. gently caress the Dodgers and gently caress Cal
Cal was brought into Major League Baseball by Earl Weaver, who in the great beyond probably thinks that Utley's a wuss for not trying to also punch Tejada in the nuts during that slide.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bruce Kison posted:

that wont happen
Also Utley being suspended would make the Dodgers better.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Literally The Worst posted:

i dont think they should be ejected for hitting him though, so it's gotta be plausible
Whoops my finger slipped on the cutter

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.A. Dickey posted:

So it seems Collins couldn't have challenged Utley never touching the base (after breaking Tejada's leg). Apparently the rules allow for the replay official to place runners where they would have been if the call they're reviewing had been made correctly
So in other words the replay official could have declared Utley out of the baseline? Or no? The wording kind of confuses me a bit.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

bort posted:

He wasn't three feet out of the baseline.
Well maybe I worded it wrong. He slid so far over the base to take out a middle infielder that he didn't even accidentally touch it with his rear end or something. You're not allowed to do that.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

bort posted:

And Tejada had a broken leg so he wouldn't have beaten him to the bag :v:
Let's go back to 1860's rules where you could get a guy out by throwing the ball at him while he's running between bases.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Waffles Inc. posted:

SNY Twitter account rightfully quoting the rulebook to show the absolutely buttfucking dumb application of the rules by the umps tonight
It was patently ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Intruder posted:

davecrazy rips Harvey for taking himself out of the game to protect his inning count
Matt Harvey figures "Well gently caress it I'm on an inning count" and throws at everybody including the Dodgers' first and third base coaches.

• Locked thread