Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
Malaysian food is your friend

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damp Star Baby

specialty hot sauces might also be up your alley. Look for something with Ghost Pepper, Scotch Bonnet or even some Naga Bhut Joloka if you're really looking to be hardcore.

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Damp Star Baby

City of Glompton posted:

update: got invited to a pho place for lunch. spiciness needs have been satisfied. another byob success story!

freak out your friends by ordering extra rare beef slices on the side and plop them into your soup :3:

Damp Star Baby

a quick PSA to any poor college-yobbers who are looking for a cool gift to make mom super happy :)

spicy olive oil bottles are an easy, cost-effective way of putting a lot of thought into a gift for someone special! you can stick to simple blends like just sticking in some basil/oregano, or go crazy with all sorts of hot-peppers and other assortments.

Fantastic to cook with, as a topping on pizza or anything else you might need! keep it in mind! :coolspot:

Damp Star Baby

not too sure how they make vinegar-based concentrates though :ohdear:

:iiam:

Damp Star Baby

yeah you can use them as some pretty nifty kitchen decorations, and they'll only get more flavorful with time so there's no rush to use it all quickly.

edit: I forgot to mention that you should let it steep for at least two weeks before using! :)
If you use monosaturated oils, those perish pretty quickly so be careful!

Edit edit: I also just read somewhere that you should take out garlic cloves within a few days, leaving them in can lead to botulism. Very unbyob.

Damp Star Baby fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 16, 2015

Damp Star Baby

Lil Cunty posted:

please please please dry ALL herbs and vegetables before using them for oil infusions. any improperly dried or fresh ingredients can become contaminated with botulism

http://umaine.edu/publications/4385e/

yeah check-out some online how-to's just to cover all your bases. I really hope I didn't kill anyone with my spicy themed holiday gift ideas :saddowns:

Damp Star Baby

the path to a spicy hell is paved with good intentions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damp Star Baby

I feel so bad about this I will personally taste test any oil infusion you guys make before giving it to your loved ones. I'll even post a not-so condescending review as I potentially lay quarantined on my deathbed, forced to type using a plastic apparatus with my teeth.

• Locked thread