Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pr0p
Dec 8, 2011

rotinaj posted:

I can't wait to see him become irrelevant and not famous anymore and be totally hosed for job possibilities because there's this ten year gap of "I made videos on the internet!"

Probably not gonna get a good reference from his last gig either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-Sy11mvZU&t=53s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Uncle Wemus posted:

How come critics are always bad at it when they try to actually make something

most. i like his disneycember stuff, because he is just talking about movies and if they were good/poo poo. they are short and he doesnt try to be funny.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CowboyAndy posted:

....Because they're not good enough to be film makers?

Also, I used to like Spoony's videos before he went insane.

Does turning into the laziest rear end in a top hat on the internet count as going insane?

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

Does turning into the laziest rear end in a top hat on the internet count as going insane?

Yeah, that's more accurate

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
Bump.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

How come critics are always bad at it when they try to actually make something

Because it's extremely easy to criticize, and takes almost no talent. When your only real skill is taking apart what other people make it's no surprise you suck at creating.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Doctor Dogballs posted:

actually he sucks and is stupid

I am judging him according to an extremely low standard. I mean, Linkara got mad with Superman: At Earth's End because the comic features a group of Nazis who make twin clones of Hitler with the original's exact personality and, when another character expresses disbelief, respond "Don't you know anything about science?" In his review, he goes on a whole rant about how cloning doesn't work that way. Like no poo poo, everybody with a eight-grade education knows that! It's comic book science, it's not supposed to be accurate to the real world! And when Tom Veitch makes a joke about comic book science, Linkara completely fails to get it. When a reviewer can't understand things like "genre conventions" and "jokes," he makes every other reviewer look like a goddamn genius.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i saw the first star wars the other day and it was terrible

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm a Bubblehead (what we noscri fans call the fandom). Just wanted to thank the OP for this thread. Thanks OP

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Patreon makes people even lazier. It's hilarious.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
so is the nostalgia critic that guy with the glasses?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Bump

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Nostalgia Critic gently caress man when i was in the nursing home i discovered Benet the sage of anime abandon. Now he make NC look loving normal.

gently caress look at this

It just hits too close to home,

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

dad gay. so what posted:

i saw the first star wars the other day and it was terrible

first star wars from the 70s, or first star wars from the 90s, or first star wars from the 2010s?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

why do these idiot reviewers (avgn , nostalgia cynic, and YES even Redlettermedia half in the sack) fill up their videos with stupid skits where they dress up like retards and try to be funny. just make fun of something and dont do skits!!

The Hman
Jan 6, 2015
reminder that this is what happens when doug walker attempts to make something original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfaGm6XlpGQ

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Last Chance posted:

why do these idiot reviewers (avgn , nostalgia cynic, and YES even Redlettermedia half in the sack) fill up their videos with stupid skits where they dress up like retards and try to be funny. just make fun of something and dont do skits!!

They all want to be film makers, but they're not good at it. Skits are how they can pretend to make films and have people still watch them.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Last Chance posted:

I agree, but at least with avgn he's been really cutting down on that poo poo. His last like 20-30 reviews have been very straight to the point.

I think with NC it's been trending in the opposite direction but it's been a long time since I've watched him because he is terrible to his core

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Worse than the skits is the dumb crossover poo poo where we get two nerds awkwardly reading lines off a camera instead of one

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Bump!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bumping this. Wanna hear some more about Muh Reviewmans

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015
The reason he got heavy on the skits is because his comedy show or whatever failed. So instead of just firing the actors I guess he adopted them or something :shrug:

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

facebook jihad posted:

I agree, but at least with avgn he's been really cutting down on that poo poo. His last like 20-30 reviews have been very straight to the point.

I think with NC it's been trending in the opposite direction but it's been a long time since I've watched him because he is terrible to his core

Very early on his stuff had zero sketches and no lovely introduction song, which was novel for most reviewers who loved to had terrible intros.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

max4me posted:

Nostalgia Critic gently caress man when i was in the nursing home i discovered Benet the sage of anime abandon. Now he make NC look loving normal.

gently caress look at this

It just hits too close to home,

Counterpoint: Bennett actually knows how to make an argument and a compelling video from time to time, when he's not being a complete masochist watching garbage cartoons.

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
ashens made a good movie, for something that was made by a guy who had previously filmed the seat of his couch

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

pr0p posted:

ashens made a good movie, for something that was made by a guy who had previously filmed the seat of his couch

British Nerds confirmed for being to tier.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Arcsquad12 posted:

Counterpoint: Bennett actually knows how to make an argument and a compelling video from time to time, when he's not being a complete masochist watching garbage cartoons.

I don't give a drat, with a face like that you stay behind the camera and hire a host.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkpy7eLGdG0

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Your literally a degenerate if you watch any of these people or know their names and faces, tbh

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ronnie posted:

Open the image in a new tab to view in "I can see poo poo mode".

Wait, no, I was wrong, it's actually good wholesome entertainment for well adjusted people.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

sinking belle posted:

Your literally a degenerate if you watch any of these people or know their names and faces, tbh

I spent 4 months in hospital/nursing home and when all you got is day time tv and a smart phone you gonna see some poo poo.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm really tired of nerdlingers using the words "Kickass", "Awesome", "Epic" and poo poo like that in conjunction with their poorly videotaped skits on the internet. It never is, they suck, and they suck, and also they suck.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
I would do the sex on the nostalgia chick.

They're all irredeemable shitlords, though.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bump

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bump

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

bump

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mooktastical posted:

I would do the sex on the nostalgia chick.

They're all irredeemable shitlords, though.
She will always have a good spot in my memory for this:
http://i.imgur.com/KyG6vfI.gifv

Excellent work

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

I get wearing the hat, it must be tough with what looks like a receding hairline in high school, but why is his hat so far back on his head? Move it up, hide the hairline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Bump.

• Locked thread