Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

elementary os is a good os for school childs and not many else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

2016 will be the year of the ARM laptop

- linux torvoldos

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

and what's gonna be on that arm laptop? linus!!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

2016 year of linux on the laptop you can't stop it ballmer

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Kid CUDA posted:

funny how the only things that look good are the things stolen from osx. the rest looks like poo poo

i thought canonical was kind of profitable? when will some linux distro pay a graphics designer to actually do something nice and original for once?

and no posting on deviantart doesnt make someone a designer

rhel is profitable linux. canonical exists so mark supplegirth can feel good about himself

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Lutha Mahtin posted:

op just use the gnome3 version of ubuntu. its ubuntu but excises all of shuttlewurf's silly GUI experiments. it even comes with the tweak tool installed by default so you can fix the alt+tab behavior and put all the window controls back on the windows. and the controls are on the right-hand side of the windows by default

https://ubuntugnome.org/

yeah but it doesn't excise the ubuntu so it's still a subpar solution

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

fart simpson posted:

ok which desktop linux is a par or above par solution

p much anything but ubuntu. i've never had a linux poo poo itself so many times due to badly tested updates as I did with ubuntu (ok, maybe arch but that's linux for people who want problems anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

elementary? more like playskool os

• Locked thread