Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i have an elementary vm that i use for testing out stuff in desktop linux. it seems ok idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sweevo posted:

that's gotta be worth at least a line on the linux screenshot bingo card

- huge clock
- in the middle of the screen
- a shell
- with a transparent background
- random UI elements copied from osx
- ram usage display because that's a thing people in 2015 care about

thats not the default settings though. this is a fresh install with only like 3 extra things installed and no settings changed:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Condiv posted:

yeah but it doesn't excise the ubuntu so it's still a subpar solution

ok which desktop linux is a par or above par solution

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Megaspel posted:

Is it possible to keep a windows and a linux in memory and switch between them instantly?

Also is there a good linux? I think we used CentOS at uni, which seemed alright but the file browser was terrible as was every single other program, but it was still probably one of the better linuxes I've used. Every time I use a linux I want to do fix the million things that bug me but doing that breaks a million other things.

one of my coworkers got a crappy chinese tablet that can run anroid and windows at the same time. it takes like 45 seconds to switch between them, but it doesnt shut them down. i guess it's going into hibernation and storing the state to disk or something. if you had enough ram i bet it could work

• Locked thread