Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

tranime scholar posted:

shooting people over sports arguments, a common sight around the world

Just because it isn't a gun doesn't mean it's not violence. Google "soccer riot," thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Obligatory Handle posted:

Just because it isn't a gun doesn't mean it's not violence. Google "soccer riot," thanks.

nah

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
This is all Greg Hardy's fault for setting a bad example.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
it was a cowboys or a pats fan, so either way this was a mercy killing

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

tranime scholar posted:

shooting people over sports arguments, a common sight around the world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9s_Escobar

A little different but I wanted to post this.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

seiferguy posted:

In Europe they usually just resort to throwing bananas at their black athletes.
Seriously, people love to act like Europe is happy and great and America is poo poo, but I'm still waiting for the first game here to be played in an empty stadium because people cut a swastika in the field or showered players with bananas.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

What the gently caress, I mean it wasn't even a fan of a division rival

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Or in South America, drawing and quartering

Yeah here in 2015 we have torcidas organizadas (hooligans) crushing each other skulls with metal bars in the middle of the street at any given big rivalry game

I wish I was joking

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4LuZWTybVA&t=6s

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 13, 2015

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

indigi posted:

where did he get shot, the tip of his nose????

To be fair there probably wasn't much brain to hit in there so...

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Ribsauce posted:

Seriously, people love to act like Europe is happy and great and America is poo poo, but I'm still waiting for the first game here to be played in an empty stadium because people cut a swastika in the field or showered players with bananas.

I understand that people unfairly lump Americans together and throw out drive-by criticisms of the whole thing which is dumb and bad and sucks; but doing it back isn't going to help stop it! More likely it will cause people to double down in their dumb beliefs/trolls.

For example, if I were to argue specifically with your comment I'd need to speak for Europe as a whole, but that would be silly considering European sporting associations have members as far and wide as Kazakhstan and Israel.

Apropos of the origin of this, I do not believe all USA persons go around with guns looking to head-shot others at sporting tailgates!

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Fair enough, homie, god bless.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'd be rioting too if I had to watch soccer. :patriot:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if jimmy garropolo thinks he can get out of practice just because he got a bullet to his face he doesn't know bill bellichick

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

I'd be rioting too if I had to watch soccer. :patriot:

I'd be too bored to care.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Can't wait for the narrative that Eagles fans are monsters to start applying to Cowboys fans. At least our idiocy was throwing snowballs at a drunk Santa Claus instead of trying to murder people in the parking lot.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

axeil posted:

Can't wait for the narrative that Eagles fans are monsters to start applying to Cowboys fans. At least our idiocy was throwing snowballs at a drunk Santa Claus instead of trying to murder people in the parking lot.

Eagles, Cowboys and Raiders fans in the fastest race to the bottom.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

axeil posted:

In the history of Eagles football, surely someone has been murdered in the parking lot.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

In the history of Eagles football, surely someone has been murdered in the parking lot.

I can't count the number of drives that have died in it just this season.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Elephanthead posted:

I can't count the number of drives that have died in it just this season.

Murdered by unauthorized application of the pistol

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Phillies had a fan get beaten to death outside CBP because he spilled a dudes beer. It's basically the same parking lot :v:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Hunterhr posted:

Phillies had a fan get beaten to death outside CBP because he spilled a dudes beer.

Justice was served

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Justice was served

A drink best served ice cold.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

What kinda Texan has a gun that only wounds the person you shoot in the head?

Brian Hoyer

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

axeil posted:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Sources-Man-Held-Down-Beaten-During-Ballpark-Fight.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2013/12/10/detroit-lions-fan-beaten-unconscious-philadelphia-eagles/3972377/

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Killing innocent people with guns?

The Cowboys really are America's team!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

At least we use our fists, as god intended :colbert:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

axeil posted:

At least we use our fists, as god intended :colbert:

Or your vomit. Or batteries. Or snowballs with batteries in them.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

Or your vomit. Or batteries. Or snowballs with batteries in them.

Or dogs with bees in their mouths and every time they bark they shoot bees at you

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I came in this thread to judge but then I realized that I would do literally anything if a crowd was egging me on to do it bc im weak and pathetic

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I would cut off my dick if a crowd egged me on to do it. Wouldn't have to be a big crowd either. Hell a small gathering gazing at me with passing interest would probably do the trick. I hate my awful dick

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

v2vian man posted:

I would cut off my dick if a crowd egged me on to do it. Wouldn't have to be a big crowd either. Hell a small gathering gazing at me with passing interest would probably do the trick. I hate my awful dick

cut off your dick ham

qtiyd

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

cut off your ham dick

qtiyd

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Not gonna lie, honey glazed dick sounds pretty boss

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

old dog child posted:

Not gonna lie, honey glazed dick sounds pretty boss

i had one after i met your mom

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

FizFashizzle posted:

i had one after i met your mom

That's weird it's usually vinegar

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The man was triple dog dared to shoot him, he had no choice in the matter your honor.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's ham's name now? Good to know

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Good to know? More like bad to know really

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

embarrasing tank posted:

For example, if I were to argue specifically with your comment I'd need to speak for Europe as a whole, but that would be silly considering European sporting associations have members as far and wide as Kazakhstan and Israel.

Well of course Israeli teams are in European associations! They can't go to Asia because too many countries will refuse to play against them.

What other regions can we chain this into? I'm looking in Australia's direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

seeing a real lack of empty quotes for the possibility of a dude cutting off his dick

and I thought I knew you people

• Locked thread