Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Ribsauce posted:

Seriously, people love to act like Europe is happy and great and America is poo poo, but I'm still waiting for the first game here to be played in an empty stadium because people cut a swastika in the field or showered players with bananas.

I understand that people unfairly lump Americans together and throw out drive-by criticisms of the whole thing which is dumb and bad and sucks; but doing it back isn't going to help stop it! More likely it will cause people to double down in their dumb beliefs/trolls.

For example, if I were to argue specifically with your comment I'd need to speak for Europe as a whole, but that would be silly considering European sporting associations have members as far and wide as Kazakhstan and Israel.

Apropos of the origin of this, I do not believe all USA persons go around with guns looking to head-shot others at sporting tailgates!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Well of course Israeli teams are in European associations! They can't go to Asia because too many countries will refuse to play against them.

What other regions can we chain this into? I'm looking in Australia's direction

Maybe I'm being wooshed but I'm not sure what this is getting at. I was just using them as example of how diverse and large the group is.

• Locked thread