Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Jake can you give us any dev scoops on how to unlock the game early through vpn or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
The early gameplay videos looked amazing. The dialog was spot on and the interaction between the char was very well done. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out, and looks like I will not have to wait that much longer.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

maniacripper posted:

Jake can you give us any dev scoops on how to unlock the game early through vpn or something?

VPNs only work if different regions are on different schedules.

They're literally going to click the unlock button sometime after 10am tomorrow.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I can't remember the last time I pre-ordered a game, but I loved reading all the Quarterly Reviews when those came out so if the game's strength is in its writing I'm definitely throwing down for it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm down loading now. I've pretty much avoided all pre release content so hopefully will go in completely blank.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Jake can you press the button now? I donated 10 dollars to idle thumbs 4 or so years ago and I really feel like you guys owe me this.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

This looks really neat but I'm scared that there's going to be some dumb gimmick that ruins it for me. I hope there's no monster out hunting you like there was in Miasmata. Loved that game but the cat monster thing ruined the exploration and survival fun of it all.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

maniacripper posted:

Jake can you press the button now? I donated 10 dollars to idle thumbs 4 or so years ago and I really feel like you guys owe me this.

The button will be pressed at the same time it was always going to be pressed, but now when it's pressed, it will be pressed for you.

Also there's no monster hunting you.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I loved the art and exploration of The Witness and while I realize this is going to be a very different experience, I'm looking forward to exploring the pretty forest and learning whatever I can.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ja2ke posted:

The button will be pressed at the same time it was always going to be pressed, but now when it's pressed, it will be pressed for you.

The monster...is your past!!!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Cowman posted:

This looks really neat but I'm scared that there's going to be some dumb gimmick that ruins it for me. I hope there's no monster out hunting you like there was in Miasmata. Loved that game but the cat monster thing ruined the exploration and survival fun of it all.

The gimmick is that it's narrative driven game and you cant shoot guns

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ja2ke posted:

Sure there isn't. And Gone Home didn't have ghosts either.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

somebody mentioned the framerate sucks for PS4? wondering if that's been reported anywhere else. I really cannot take another poo poo tier console release that runs at sub-25fps.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
Excellent, just grabbed it from the playstation store. Can't wait to actually play it tonight!

Was there supposed to be a discount for the Game+Theme bundle for PS+ members?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Ahundredbux posted:

The gimmick is that it's narrative driven game and you cant shoot guns

ja2ke posted:

I'm sold. Gonna be preordering it then.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Cowman posted:

I'm sold. Gonna be preordering it then.

its really scary cause you gotta talk to a girl

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

Ahundredbux posted:

you gotta talk to a girl

wtf gonna cancel my preorder

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Game is unpacking. I am excited for comfy forest conversationalist simulator.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

ja2ke posted:

btw when I pressed the button to deploy I told the team "I told a guy on the SA forum that when I pushed the button I'd do it for him, so this is for that Something Awful guy."

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

ja2ke posted:

btw when I pressed the button to deploy I told the team "I told a guy on the SA forum that when I pushed the button I'd do it for him, so this is for that Something Awful guy."

Thanks, glad your game has gone goldblum.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
game is here

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
game is out bitches get lost in the woods

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:
For anyone else having trouble finding the game on the EU PSN store, it's on the front page of the EU browser store.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Holy poo poo I already love this game's teeny tiny little touches. A cache box near the very start contains a deer antler, and if you comment on it Henry calls it a horn as per its mouseover text, which irks Delilah so she corrects him. The mouseover text then changes to say 'antler'.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Super excited to get into this later tonight. I've watched way too much preview material, but I'm still loving stoked. Peeked into the settings real fast and saw there's an option to turn off the game showing you where you are on the map, and I'm assuming forcing you to rely on landmarks and the compass to navigate and I am 100% into that.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.
That's a good looking sound track cover.

https://twitter.com/ollymoss/status/697128810529972224

RetroHelix fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 9, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Today is the slowest class I've had in years because I am extremely excited about Firewatch. Prepurchased it as soon as I realized I could.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Played an hour before I had to go to work, loving it. Can't wait to get back home to it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ugh, it unlocked while I'm at work. Guess I get to play it after 10:00 PM EST!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Olly Moss is a minimalism genius, I swear. I am not worthy. :negative:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im buying this when i get home

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Any thoughts on the story yet? Some of the reviews I read said it's not what one would normally expect. One went so far as to say the ending was quite empty. I'd hate that. I'm absolutely stoked to play this and hope the story is just incredible and not zombies.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Any thoughts on the story yet? Some of the reviews I read said it's not what one would normally expect. One went so far as to say the ending was quite empty. I'd hate that. I'm absolutely stoked to play this and hope the story is just incredible and not zombies.

I thought it was quite good.

Without spoiling anything, there are some mysterious elements that lead you to wonder if the story is going in a number of directions throughout the course of the game, but the one they go with is totally earned and makes sense.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I literally had never heard of this before this morning and now I'm stoked to buy it when I get home.

Ohvee posted:

Was there supposed to be a discount for the Game+Theme bundle for PS+ members?

I read there's no bundle with the PS+ discount, so it actually works out to be about 50 cents cheaper buying them separately.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
ps4 stutter is most definitely a thing.

game is still fuckin spectacular

Vain
Aug 1, 2005
Is the lighting supposed to look like this?

I'm guessing not.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm getting a bit of stuttering on PC, but I don't think I've rebooted my computer and Firefox is eating 2GB of RAM or some garbage.

I couldn't make it past the opening sequence before having to alt-tab out and tell a friend "HOLY poo poo THIS loving GAME". Now all I have to do is to get off my rear end and get my Firewatch poster framed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

spaceships posted:

ps4 stutter is most definitely a thing.

game is still fuckin spectacular

not gonna buy this until patch then

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

MinibarMatchman posted:

not gonna buy this until patch then