Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

New gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njAAoUYfmRI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

maniacripper posted:

Jake can you give us any dev scoops on how to unlock the game early through vpn or something?

VPNs only work if different regions are on different schedules.

They're literally going to click the unlock button sometime after 10am tomorrow.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I got to the end of Day 79 with all the cassettes marked off on the map, but one empty bubble left in the checklist on the side.

So I assume that there must be one cassette at Delilah's station, except when I get there I find two of them.

Which makes me wonder if there was a single unmarked cassette on the map, and then I remembered the unmarked cassette station that was crushed by the avalanche on the Thorofare Trail, and I'm wondering if that becomes active after whichever day I collected the turtle.

Also, yes, the commentary mode is pretty great, except you can miss them, especially during the montage in the middle. Fortunately, the game now makes backup saves at the beginning of each day, unfortunately once you get to Delilah's station it somehow seems to ignore the save files entirely.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

ja2ke posted:

I don't know quite what you mean about ignoring saves at Delilahs tower. (Though note, you cannot save once the final radio call starts.)

So you can copy e.g. 2_Day_33.sav over 2.sav for that terrible moment when you learn that there is a Day 34 that you never knew existed or for when you're too busy looking at the sunset to grab the cassette or whatever, but as best I can tell once you're at Delilah's tower, loading slot 2 ignores 2.sav completely.

I assumed that the game was loading from endgame.dat instead of 2.sav, but I got busy doing other things instead of Firewatch save scumming.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It's just Frog Fractions 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

It's just Frog Fractions 2

Oh, it actually is just Frog Fractions 2.

• Locked thread