Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Scorchy posted:

But I also got pretty motion sick watching some of this stuff. Would it break embargo to say whether there's an FOV slider? Kind of a dealbreaker for me.

Doesn't appear to be in the game options, but the devs have confirmed you can edit the FOV in the config files.

EDIT: the FOV is also wider in the game by default now than the earlier previews show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
First review:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/08/firewatch-review-first-person-simulation-adventure-game

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Along those lines: time advances with plot beats so exploration will not harm story progress.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Clitch posted:

Is this launching at midnight? I have tomorrow off, and staying up all night, playing this in the dark, sounds like my jam.

The devs have said "tomorrow morning" so I suspect the usual 10 AM PST Valve release time.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ja2ke posted:

Also there's no monster hunting you.

Sure there isn't. And Gone Home didn't have ghosts either.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Eskaton posted:

And their site was also trashed and our sheets were sort of plopped there... Screams Ned to me.

I really wanted to like the story, but I just can't.

well I took the note to mean they'd destroyed their own campsite on purpose to get you in trouble.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
(ending) Ned was planning to lock Henry in the cave (the dialogue doesn't seem to always trigger but he locks the gate when you enter) which is why the backpack was alarmed so he'd know when it was taken.

The missing girls are also explained if you poke around enough. They were a red herring as Ned had nothing to do with their disappearance. They'd left the park and got arrested eventually. The game is full of red herrings and some of them aren't really that well put together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The books are mostly references to other games. It's kind of wonderful.

• Locked thread