Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Just finished this. +1 for being underwhelmed with the ending, but overall I enjoyed it. I think I would have liked it a lot more if there hadn't been a hype train around it which I totally bought into.

Is there a graphic somewhere of the different choices you can make and their results? My understanding is this game can diverge quite a bit, but I felt like I was getting railroaded the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I was told once to always magically put "In my opinion" in front of most things like this. It's made the internet a lot more bearable.

They made us stop doing this in highschool. Whenever we were writing something we were always supposed to state our opinion as if it was fact. The "in my opinion" part was implied, of course it's your opinion, it's your paper.

I think some people may not understand that we've been taught to write and express ourselves like that. We expect people to treat those sorts of statements as our personal opinion, not objective fact.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Anal Surgery posted:

I do think it will suffer coming on the heels of Undertale, if only because that game had a unparalleled measure of reactivity whereas Firewatch is more about nudging relationships slightly. If you temper your expectations about how branching it will be (which is not much at all), you'll enjoy the organic feel of it more, I think.

Re: pricing discussions, I would happily switch the amounts of money I paid for Undertale and Firewatch. I definitely got more out of the former.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

The premise of firewatch is really really good so if they get the execution a little better in the movie it could be really great I think.

• Locked thread