Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Pretty excited for this.

I'm also excited for Sean Vanaman to come back to the podcast. COME BACK SEAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Whoah holy poo poo that is a lot cheaper than I was expecting it to be (thought it would be 40). I'm so in

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

spaceships posted:

ps4 stutter is most definitely a thing.

game is still fuckin spectacular

How bad is it? I bought the game at work so I won't have a chance to play it for a few more hours.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I played for a bit today and will probably beat the game later tonight. I'm liking it so far but yeah the PS4 version is definitely less than perfect. Its still enjoyable but I guess its loving up other other people than me. It definitely hitches a lot and thats a shame. Hopefully its fixable in a patch.

ZeeBoi posted:

I love how the camera goes into light speed when you turn.

yeah gently caress this, so annoying

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 10, 2016

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Having beaten the game I can say this is the most idle thumbs game ever. Like only these guys would be able to do this.

Like they took miasmata, gone home and cribbed the far cry 2 aesthetic and made a game. I liked it a bunch and honestly I would've probably preferred a more conspiracy style thing since that was so gripping but real life is boring and I think that was represented well maybe?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Sean Vanaman just posted some updates on a PS4 patch and the issues surrounding the game on PS4 here https://www.reddit.com/r/Firewatch/comments/44s8no/sounds_like_significant_ps4_performance_issues/czslnhe

quote:

Hey Guys,
Couple'a updates. One is that we're in pipe with SCEA to get a patch into the game but it's like 99% strange content fixes we've found as lots of people play the game on PC. So that's coming but we're at the mercy of the console patch process.
Secondly, we're currently talking with both Sony and Unity (the creators of the engine the game is built in) to continue to optimize performance of the game on console. Unfortunately, it's a process that requires all three parties to be involved unlike a typical bug that we can quickly fix on our own (we're pretty good at that). We'll definitely be patching all platforms with every little content and performance fix we can find so folks can rest assured we're doing everything we can (and WILL for a long time. We want the game that's on Steam/PS4/anywhere to be the best possible version even after we're out out of the excitement of the launch window).

quote:

No, for sure.
I've played the game for hundreds of hours on PS4 and don't believe the issues are severe. There are some hiccups but if I/we didn't feel like it was a good product we would not be selling it. You can see the game running on that GameTrailers video and make the call for yourself, obviously.
The small issues we have we were not able to get in-front of the right people until it was 100% obvious they were going to ship. (IE: getting folks from Sony/Unity together to say "Hey, this isn't just us, this is engine code" happened too late because it's a not a super easy thing to get to happen) We could've built a significantly DIFFERENT game (a game with levels that load all over the place) but we chose to build what we did, instead.
There's also stuff I just can't talk about -- in regards to some reviews being played on early code and that not being stated in the review, and how things are actually going in regards to engine/platform performance. We're one of the first big Unity5 games on console so everyone is learning a lot!
Also, if you buy the game on PS4 and take huge issue with the performance, DM here. (Wish they had the Steam refund feature!)

Hopefully it gets patched soon so the game can run smoothly on PS4 instead of hitching the gently caress all over the place. Also camera move speed and stuff.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

There was another little thing I think it was a shame it wasn't really expanded on: the midnight radio call where Henry thinks he's talking to Julia, and the game presents it straight, but he's actually calling up Delilah. I thought that was interesting and foreboding, but sadly it never comes up again.

Delilah asks you about this later though? I think this is where I told her about Julia but might not be sure.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

This game looks absolutely fantastic, I've been excited for it ever since it was first announced.

That said, I heard it was 3 - 4 hours. Is that the case? Would I wanna go back and play it a second time? I really really do wanna experience this game, but for £15 it might be a bit steep if it's over that quick.

It depends on you. I'm probably gonna go back and play it a few more times. Really enjoyed hiking around and using the compass/map. It was very chill.

Also 20 bucks is honestly not that much money for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The PS4 patch is really good. Played the game again last night and didn't run into any hitching or framerate issues at all. Wish it was like this for my first playthrough but its fine.

• Locked thread