Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Loved Gone Home. Loved this one. Loved the short length of both.

I appreciated how both hinted at something big and dark, but kept everything pretty small. I think I really just love short, focused, narrative-driven games like this and am really excited that more games are being made like it.

And the intro was perfectly executed and devastating, Christ.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Rich Somner! I knew I recognized that voice. Though I was thinking it was Ted Mosby the whole time.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Jippa posted:

The far cry 2 style map/compass/locator thingy works really well. Some one mentioned earlier that there was a radio interaction with delilah where you hear her talking to some one else possibly about you. I missed a reply to this because I was still trying to put my map away and get down this cliff.

I'm not sure if that was intentional but it really planted an early seed of doubt about her and it was the first thing I was going to ask when I came in back to the thread (it was answered earlier).

I sorta wish this hadn't happened because it made me very suspicious of her for like half the game. I suppose this was intentional, but it cast doubt on every conversation with her even when that wasn't the tone of the exchange.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

the devs didn't trust the audience to be willing to play a game without a psuedo-science fiction plot, so they shoehorned one in where it didn't need to be.

Well, they probably shouldn't, considering the way Gone Home was received.

I honestly liked that arc, though - raised the tension a bit and drove the story along.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Don't suppose Rich Sommer would wanna reprise his role?

• Locked thread