Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I literally had never heard of this before this morning and now I'm stoked to buy it when I get home.

Ohvee posted:

Was there supposed to be a discount for the Game+Theme bundle for PS+ members?

I read there's no bundle with the PS+ discount, so it actually works out to be about 50 cents cheaper buying them separately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Just started Day 3 and I think I stumbled onto a game-breaking bug that hosed my save game. I accidentally brute forced my way into an area I don't think I'm supposed to be in yet (stupid me going exploring), and there's a bunch of floating rocks, trees, a ski? all over the place. I can't get back out the way I got in, there's no fast travel, and it autosaved past the point of no return.

I was mostly enjoying it, but not looking forward to re-playing the first two days.

Edit: Is there any point to collecting the books? I wish there was a way to put them inside my backpack instead of waving them around in front of my face.

Double Edit: Nevermind about the bug, figured it out

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 10, 2016

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I dug the whole experience, wish it could've been longer. Breaking into Wapiti was a really great moment for me (I'd found the fence on Day 1 or 2 and had been wondering about it for a while), the sun going down, the tense music, Henry & Delilah both freaking out... and I actually liked that it ended up being nothing. Oh, it's just a research station. The big super secret conspiracy I'd been building in my head all summer was nothing all along. I get why it's not for everyone but it made me like that whole sequence more. I'd love to see a longer game use the same dynamics with less time skips and maybe some more characters.

I had completely forgotten I had the camera for most of the game, so my end credits had a bunch of undeveloped blanks.

End game questions: The backpack with the cave key. It seems that Ned does not want this found, with how much it's hidden and the fact that he has it alarmed. His journals at the end make it pretty clear how surprised and upset he is that Henry found it. Why would he not just keep it in his hidden bunker, then? What's the logic behind leaving it out in the middle of the woods somewhere?

Also agree with others that I have no idea who trashed the tower. Either the naked drunk teens sprinted there immediately, or Ned did it before he had any reason to.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Fans posted:

Their angry note accuses you of stealing their panties, which you didn't and the threatening note written by the communications cut is on a pair of panties. So yeah it was Ned the panty thief.

Ned also admits doing it in his journal entries. Henry asks Delilah to radio in to check the hiker logs after he runs into someone on the trail and his tower gets trashed, Ned panics because it will show no one's supposed to be out there, so he cuts the line. Delilah forgets about it after it's fixed, and he considers that a win.

Edit: Beaten

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Yodzilla posted:

Welp this is really disappointing. Spoilers obviously https://www.reddit.com/r/Firewatch/comments/454ujh/i_just_beat_firewatch_and_only_talked_to_delilah/

Wait, he says his first game Juliet was in Australia, and his second game he put her in a home. Does Juliet end up their either way? I definitely put her in a home in my game, and Henry says multiple times that she's in Melbourne. Not really important, either way. Just not something I thought could change.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Fans posted:

The towers aren't even staffed in the Winter, how the hell would he survive?

As far as I'm aware, the towers are only there to report and monitor fires. I don't know why no one being in them would make it harder for him to survive. Additionally, he's a veteran that clearly knows his way around the outdoors and he has an underground bunker that protects him from the elements. I didn't find him living out there unknown to be that unbelievable. It wouldn't be easy, but he apparently found it easier than living in civilization and dealing with what happened to his son.

There's also a list in his bunker labeled "Winter Supplies Needed". Pretty much every answer of 'why' or 'how' regarding Ned can be found by reading the poo poo he left behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Icept posted:

The part that made me think it was going to be a conspiracy/twist for sure was the way the fence around the station was presented. As far as I can recall, Delilah says that she's tried contacting people about it and was unable to get any information. Also she mentions if universities start a study, it'll measure a couple of square feet. So it's just a normal project hijacked by Ned. If the whole operation was done in the open, why would they not inform the forest service?

Doesn't she admit at some point that she had actually been told about something going on at Wapiti and she just now found it buried in a stack of papers? She doesn't come across as the most reliable person to count on for accurate information.

• Locked thread