Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Any thoughts on the story yet? Some of the reviews I read said it's not what one would normally expect. One went so far as to say the ending was quite empty. I'd hate that. I'm absolutely stoked to play this and hope the story is just incredible and not zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Robiben posted:

Interesting. So what happens if you fully commit to the Delilah thing? Does she take you up on your offer to be with her at the end? It would slightly suck to me if that isn't an option but it just says something else about Delilah as a character. You can still "change" Henry.

About fully committing to Delilah, I did with the intention of leaving the wife behind to rot out her last days of sanity in Australia with her parents. Nothing changes. You and Delilah do have that one midnight where she says some mildly steamy stuff and walkie-talkie sex is implied, but nothing else really ever materializes. At the end you can ask her to wait for you, but she leaves anyways. Then at the very end you can ask her to move to Boulder with you and she turns you down and tells you to go back to Julia. The entire rest of the conversation Henry gets really mopey like he just lost at Tinder or something. It was honestly a bit of a letdown.

It made me question if there even is any branching story. I don't think there is. I think dialogue may change some of the cute trinkets you find, but no matter what you say everything resolves the same way.

The jump scare is a good jump scare.

Did anyone else find the cassette tape through the clearable brambles near the elk? That song on the tape simply rocked. It was perfectly placed.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Republicans posted:

I think I'm gonna play through it again and see how much/little difference my choices make. Mostly I wanna open that cache with the new radio before getting the lock code from Delilah to see how she reacts. It better be good, dammit.

Uhm. I did this. It's full of dumb stuff and nothing happens. You come back it's re-locked and blah blah.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

When trying to find the firefighters you can walk to that box and enter 1234. Just walk west instead of east. The meadow and creek are totally accessible. It isn't full of anything. I guess I'd be interested in whether 5678 would work at that time and cause other loot to spawn, but I don't see why it would to be honest. From a game programming standpoint by the time she prompts you for a different code the day has changed and you're loaded into a different level basically.

Man, it was a great game, but after reading some of the outcomes of various dialogue playthroughs it's actually pretty bland. There's literally zero branch points save for a few trinkets that change.

Where is the raccoon anyways? I explored the poo poo outa that place.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Also, the time limit you get to make conversation choices kind of implies that those choices carry significance. Ethics in games adventurism or something.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Id be down with spending a summer in one of those towers talking to a presumably dreamy lady over walkie talkie while picking up beer cans and finding turtles. Sign me the gently caress up.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

brylcreem posted:

I just finished the game without interacting with Delilah at all, except when needed to trigger plot advances.

It got prettty drat weird, but also hilarious - if you break into Waipiti Station without getting the untapped radio (just go there while Delihla wants you to look at the flora poster) she gets seriously pissed off when you keep talking to her on the old radio. You never tell her about the wave receiver, so when you talk about it the following day, she is very confused about what your're even talking about. Also, when you dont' talk to her after you find the cave key, she brings up the figure in your tower very awkwardly. Also, Brian gets brought up out of nowhere, which is also awkward. The game really wants to talk about him when you find his backpack, but Delihla drops it quickly again when you don't respond. Of course, the game probably wasn't made for goons who's never interacted with a girl before.

Playing the game this way certainly made it feel like Hiking Simulator 2016.

Also, try to bring up the map while you're at Delihla's station :pcgaming:

Wait. What happens with the map??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I just did it. It shows you in your own tower. :lost:

• Locked thread