Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Mokinokaro posted:

(ending) Ned was planning to lock Henry in the cave (the dialogue doesn't seem to always trigger but he locks the gate when you enter) which is why the backpack was alarmed so he'd know when it was taken.

Yeah this was the only part that was kinda glitchy for me. I just sorta stumbled forward and Henry starts freaking the gently caress out and I had no idea why until a conversation a few minutes later.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Loved the music, and this game is absolutely gorgeous. My biggest regret is I never found the turtle.

For some reason it was standing upright inside of its shell when I found it so maybe there's some physics fuckery going on. Also the correct name is Shelly Duvall.

dmboogie posted:

Did anyone else happen to read all of Henry's typewritten journals? It really bothered me that you couldn't actually pick them up and had to rely on camera zoom, because there's some really good insight towards his background/inner thoughts in there.

Yeah they did such a great job making so many things high-res and interactable that it really stood out when other things weren't.

I really enjoyed the game though I feel like it could have been a bit longer. That might be because I could play a game where you wander around gorgeous countryside reporting things you see to a sarcastic friend and talking about them all goddamn day. The dialog was fantastic.

After beating the game I was hoping there would be an exploration mode maybe with a time of day picker just to roam around the world they built but nope. Best credits sequence ever though.

e: and spoilers obviously but here's my camera roll. I legit thought documenting things I found would be needed for the story :v: https://firewatch.camera/OrangeMojavePark/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Oh and the theme that plays a few times while exploring reminds me so much of The Regulator that I'm going to have to listen to Clutch all drat day tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ziH7PfCmOY

Not that I need much convincing.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

1stGear posted:

Oh man, the original trailer is really going to piss you off..

I'm actually kinda interested in what happened between this trailer and the final game. I'm pretty sure none of that dialogue is in the final game and it gives a complete different vibe to the game and Delilah than we got. Were there major rewrites?

The voice for Henry sound really different here. I don't know if it's a different actor or just a different take on the character.

Jippa posted:

The far cry 2 style map/compass/locator thingy works really well. Some one mentioned earlier that there was a radio interaction with delilah where you hear her talking to some one else possibly about you. I missed a reply to this because I was still trying to put my map away and get down this cliff.

I'm not sure if that was intentional but it really planted an early seed of doubt about her and it was the first thing I was going to ask when I came in back to the thread (it was answered earlier).

Yeah what was up with that? I stayed silent during those parts and don't really know what they meant.

Also I'm really curious now as to what happens if you go through the game talking to Delilah as little as possible and lying to her about your life.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Transistor Rhythm posted:

All I want to know, and please spoil this for me, is whether you ever get to meet Delilah face-to-face?

~ No. ~

And this was something I learned from Twitter but apparently you can disable the location marker on your map. I wish I had done that to turn navigation into more of a game. :saddowns:

Question about the plot though, does anything think the girls actually cut the communication wire or was that Ned framing them. Seems kind of drastic for drunk teenage girls to climb a drat pole on a cliff and slice it like that?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Ah right that makes sense.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Yodzilla posted:

Also I'm really curious now as to what happens if you go through the game talking to Delilah as little as possible and lying to her about your life.

Welp this is really disappointing. Spoilers obviously https://www.reddit.com/r/Firewatch/comments/454ujh/i_just_beat_firewatch_and_only_talked_to_delilah/

Also disappointing are people bragging about beating the game in 3-4 hours and still being allowed a refund. gently caress those people.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
But how do they play video games.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Cowman posted:

Did anyone else throw the stereo in the lake? I did and the reactions made me laugh.

I didn't because I'm not an rear end. :colbert:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah that was a thing that happened for me.

And if you explore a bit and find the dead elk you can have a conversation with her and realize you guys were wrong about the research site before the big reveal.

Did anyone else find the end of the conversation between the two dudes? I'm not sure the whole point of that besides ~slice of life~

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

brylcreem posted:

Emma Blackery is not impressed by the game.

https://youtu.be/MwUf7cLJBrw

Maybe this is just me being a "KIDS THESE DAYS" old person but not every game has to be good for watching someone else play it. She's doesn't even seem like she's trying to engage with it and instead focuses on making a show of hating it for her viewers.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah the difficulty spike really came out of nowhere but it's cool because collecting all of the bananas feels like a huge accomplishment.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

PantsBandit posted:

IIRC there's some evidence that he's a generally pretty fit dude? But other than that not really that I can think of.

I mean, he's not super morbidly obese but they go out of their way to show that he's out of shape and not overly sure of himself physically.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I unironically would enjoy that, New Game+ endless fire watcher mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
If I know anything about teen girls it's that they love being naked.

• Locked thread