Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatdarnedbob
Jan 1, 2006
why must this exist?

Red Ryder posted:

Also throughout the game I was trying to be mostly professional and loyal to Julia and Delilah was the one coming on to me, but at the end I ask her to come to Colorado and she gets all offended and tells me to go back to my wife, it just didn't jive with me.

What would you expect her reaction to be, given what you did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatdarnedbob
Jan 1, 2006
why must this exist?
I was curious about whether you could get Delilah to agree to come to Colorado with you, so I just sped through a run where I didn''t even let her know I was married and played off the sleep-walk-talk as about an ex. And also flirted every chance I could get, though staying on the main path. The response to this suggestion was initially the same as when it is when I load up my reticent-at-first, professional, save to try it. "You don't want me there", etc. Although her suggestion to me didn't mention a wife at all of course, and she revealed how she still carries a torch for Javier. So barring this being dependent on very small details (I tried to do as many things differently as possible, though), I would say you probably can't unlock True Love in this game, which wouldn't be all that surprising. I should probably sleep or something.

thatdarnedbob
Jan 1, 2006
why must this exist?

Lt. Frank Drebin posted:

Thanks for the breakdown. It's interesting to see all the different potential sequences of events with everything being so open to the player. Similar question, different area, is it possible to walk through the choke point and get knocked out by Ned without ever picking up the clipboard and seeing the transcripts?

No, I tried this earlier. Getting knocked out is a trigger upon looking at the dropped radio, and that doesn't appear until you look at the clipboard. Also you can't fish, what the hell.

thatdarnedbob
Jan 1, 2006
why must this exist?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

gently caress you if you didn't pick bucket. #TeamBucket

Best part of bucket is when he gets kicked by the mugger. Choose the best pet instead: Turt Reynolds

thatdarnedbob
Jan 1, 2006
why must this exist?
If you would get irrationally angry at someone using terribly unsafe rock climbing skills in a remote region, be warned. For example, the paths this game has you take have the main character commonly jumping down 9 to 14 feet, sometimes without a path back up in sight, sometimes onto exposed ledges. Though the vistas were beautiful and there's some fun story-through-dialogue that's not the kind you normally get in a video game, the movement had me gritting my teeth at my guy's lackadaisical attitude toward safety.

thatdarnedbob
Jan 1, 2006
why must this exist?
Picture Henry lying at the bottom of a ravine, his ankles shattered, heat stroke setting in, a wildfire's smoke filling the air. His only chance of a rescue is a six mile hike with substantial elevation gain away. "If only," he whispers into a radio with no one on the other end, "I hadn't routinely eaten enough peanut butter for three men and then jumped fourteen feet onto hard ground!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatdarnedbob
Jan 1, 2006
why must this exist?
So I'm a bit weird in that an in-game museum, especially a dev-commentary museum, takes a game from 'good' to 'can't miss'. So I am super stoked about this guided walking tour of a walking simulator.

• Locked thread