Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

This looks really neat but I'm scared that there's going to be some dumb gimmick that ruins it for me. I hope there's no monster out hunting you like there was in Miasmata. Loved that game but the cat monster thing ruined the exploration and survival fun of it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Ahundredbux posted:

The gimmick is that it's narrative driven game and you cant shoot guns

ja2ke posted:

The button will be pressed at the same time it was always going to be pressed, but now when it's pressed, it will be pressed for you.

Also there's no monster hunting you.

I'm sold. Gonna be preordering it then.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I think I missed a lot of side content since I was so into the story that I just kept going from one mission point to the next in a fairly linear fashion. It's really a fantastic game and I did really love the story but I do have to say that the ending left me feeling empty. Not in a bad way of course.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

CJacobs posted:

Finished it, playtime clocked at 4 hours on the minute. drat fine game, I could really feel my influence on the dialogue affecting Hank and Delilah's relationship. The story in general was very well-written as was, obviously, the dialogue itself. Beautiful graphics too. It's very hard to make "walking through the woods listening to a conversation" entertaining, and yet it never got old the entire time. Very, very good, definitely worth the money.

:siren:Ending Spoilers for a very minor thing:siren:

Did you look at the picture in Delilah's tower? I told her Henry wears a tux and had a thin mustache and scar so there he was in a tux with a thin mustache and scar. Turt Reynolds was there too. It's super adorable.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Wreath of Barbs posted:

Oh hey, yeah, I didn't notice that. The option itself doesn't seem to work correctly at the moment, at least not for me, but it'll be nifty when it does.

And on the same note: I wonder if anything at all changes if you remain completely professional with her in the dialogue or choose not to pack your wedding ring or the photo of Julia.

If you don't adopt that turtle then you're a monster :argh:

Really this game has so many nice touches and small details. I want to do another runthrough sometime and see what all I missed since I didn't explore that much.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Did anyone else throw the stereo in the lake? I did and the reactions made me laugh.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Yodzilla posted:

I didn't because I'm not an rear end.

I did because I wanted to see if it did anything and it did in fact break.

I do wish this game was a bit longer just so it could have fleshed out the story more.

Edit: I took their alcohol and all their fireworks and threw their stereo in the lake. gently caress those teens.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

They included a baseball in the outhouse, I assumed it was SUPPOSED to go into the toilet.

I was expecting an achievement for it. I even tried to trick shot it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Phone posted:

You left out the bit of the OP being a little shithead

Hey guys, I just want to have my cake and eat it, too. Whoa, why are you guys acting like I said I liked cake. I don't understand where you drew that comparison.

Note: this dude said he decided to keep the game, but only after Jane posted.

the steam forums are literally full of these kinds of threads and it's amazing that people will sit there saying "Hey I enjoyed this game but the internet doesn't like it so should I refund it?" They don't want to do any thinking for themselves and it's really weird.

• Locked thread