Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Watching a lot of the preview stuff, it looks neat, even if the dynamic dialogue style inadvertently made some of the exchanges quite stilted. The price is below what I expected too.

But I also got pretty motion sick watching some of this stuff. Would it break embargo to say whether there's an FOV slider? Kind of a dealbreaker for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Thanks for the FOV answers.

All the reviews so far are in the very good-great range so that bodes well.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

I liked it, thought all the aspects of the story, the locale and the visuals tied together very well thematically. I didn't get invested in the mystery as much as the 'contemplating the human condition' parts of it, so the ending really worked for me.

Anyway gently caress me I just googled job openings for fire watchers.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Seems like an alright gig to go chill by yourself in the woods for a few months and get paid

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Dolash posted:

The funniest result of this I had was I saved all the camera film in order to take pictures of evidence and other important things related to the mystery, so there'd be some proof of what I'd seen. That meant pictures of the clipboard, of the research site, of the dead body and Ned's camp. It meant during the credits where the music is fairly positive there was this parade of damning evidence floating by rather than I assume the beautiful sunsets they expected you to snap.

Yeah this was pretty funny I took all the scenic photographs they wanted, but when I got to the part inside the cave, I started leaving, but doubled back to take photographic evidence in case I couldn't make it out or something. So during the credits it started rolling past beautiful sunset, beautiful trees, a rotting corpse, beautiful lakes... if only that picture of the dead body wasn't in there I would have considered printing them off for realsies at the firewatch.camera site.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

CJacobs posted:

There are gonna be so many drat prints of Brian's dead body and Ned's secret hideaway :allears:

Yeah it's not so much chucking the prints you don't want, as it is wanting to print photos of your nice summer vacation, and then being reminded of when things take a sudden horrible turn https://firewatch.camera/BreezyKeweenawBluff/

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

I think it was just a red herring to sow the seeds of Henry's paranoia, you can either play into it or decide not to. It could have been anything. "Does he know where the teenage girls went?" "He doesn't know."

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

It sounds like you're the one making the judgement on what's the "good thing" and not the game.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Well, the "go back to your wife or you're a bad person" is certainly the angle Delilah pushes. Of course Delilah is the grossest, shittiest person in the game by far, assuming the bit about her still being in a long time relationship with what's his name and lying about it to "a string of partners" is true. And there isn't any reason to believe it isn't. Still I think it would've been very nice for "my Henry" to stand up for himself a little on the topic. The inability to do so is what leads me to believe the devs see Henry going back to his wife as the right thing to do.

Did you miss the part where all that poo poo about Delilah was made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Am I the only one who wished we didn't see the the helicopter guy at the end? I mentally put myself in a space where I didn't expect or want to see any character models the entire game, and having him at the end broke the spell at the last second for me.

• Locked thread