Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dragon quest heroes coming out tomorrow Pre-order now on the Playstation Network to begin your Day 1 Digital Pre-Load and receive access to the Sony-exclusive DLC weapon, the Goolden Axe!

:melter:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm buying this loving game!!!!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, I want the dragon quest Minecraft

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm buying this loving game!!!!

I bought an pre-loaded it minutes after seeing the 100% screen in MGSV. 2015 is unstoppable

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a great loving year, to be sure

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

...drat, i wish i have a ps4 more and more each day. this game looks so good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

God drat it, my Playstation 4 is still broken.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like the slime medic buddy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I haven't played a lot of DQ games but this looks super fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

i like the slime medic buddy

I hope it's Healie

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I hope it's Healie

I'm pretty sure they said that it is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't played 7 8 or 9 yet so I'm hoping those aspects of the games aren't too lost on me but I will be a happy gamer if I can play as Torneko and brutally slaughter thousands of playfully named monsters, ghoulies and slimes.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

you should. i got into them a few months ago and they are good

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
loving preloaded. Launches tonight at 9 so maybe I should get my poo poo together so I can binge this like a teenager.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I paid this off last week. I haven't played more than a couple of hours of any given musou game and the only DQ games I actually owned myself were Monsters on the gameboy and Rocket Slime, but I'm really excited for this.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hell, I haven't played any, but they look like good poo poo. I'm considering picking up the one for the DS.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A cool drat horse posted:

Hell, I haven't played any, but they look like good poo poo. I'm considering picking up the one for the DS.

There are like 8 DQ games on the DS.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

In Training posted:

There are like 8 DQ games on the DS.

-_-; I meant IX... I didn't know there were that many though. Which one is the best one out of the ones on DS?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A cool drat horse posted:

-_-; I meant IX... I didn't know there were that many though. Which one is the best one out of the ones on DS?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My fave is probably V, but IV V and VI are all good. IX probably too but the online is dead so a big chunk of the mechanics are gone from what I understand. Then there's the Rocket Slime games and other spin offs but I haven't played those

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

In Training posted:

My fave is probably V, but IV V and VI are all good. IX probably too but the online is dead so a big chunk of the mechanics are gone from what I understand. Then there's the Rocket Slime games and other spin offs but I haven't played those

this, but IV was my favourite. you cant go wrong with those games. another good game to look at is 8 on the ps2, its also for the 3ds but i got it for the ps2.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Seems like IV is a good starting point for someone new to the series. 25 dollars used on ebay also isnt too shabby. Looking forward to a powerful gaming experience, thanks to all.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

this might be a system seller for me, tbh

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

...drat, i wish i have a ps4 more and more each day. this game looks so good

It's a badass console man

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
9 is still good. well the dungeons r just corridors but the rest of it is good. even the story . i like the bit in the mansion with the doll

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

In Training posted:

9's online was never relevant outside Japan anyway. If you really want, and you have a flashcart, you can get either a save with the online junk enabled or a save editor to tweak what stuff is available.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah for sure. Between this and 11 and also the amazing stable of games on it already. (Also p5 in the pipeline). It's a good time to own a ps4, especially knowing your taste in games

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

with this game, mgs5, bloodborne and soon to be persona 5 im psyched to pick up the ps4 this holiday season :D

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I've never played a Dragon Quest game but I'm gonna buy this

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i kinda want this ... the last game i played of this genre though was one piece pirate warriors and it was just soooooo bad.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm hella strapped on cash and the dollar is at a record high here so I'll buy one only in at least 6 months. qq

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i kinda want this ... the last game i played of this genre though was one piece pirate warriors and it was just soooooo bad.

Apparently this game is more like a action rpg than a musou game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Apparently this game is more like a action rpg than a musou game

people who say this have likely never played a musou game, since teh difference is semantic at best. 'Musou'/Koei have a bad wrap but they've had stuff like stats and items and missions for like 15 years now

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QUwD4-1EZ8
there's a lot more going on here than what i usually see in other warriors games and the art style works with having more unique enemy designs to fight than just different colored soldiers. levels look like they got more going on, too.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DW: Strikeforce had big bosses and stuff like that, but nobody played it cos it was rear end. This seems to have a bunch of stuff they've done all in one game, rather than cherry picking, which is why it's gonna own so much

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Action Tortoise posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QUwD4-1EZ8
there's a lot more going on here than what i usually see in other warriors games and the art style works with having more unique enemy designs to fight than just different colored soldiers. levels look like they got more going on, too.

So much win.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

all i'm saying is you're gonna be getting a lot more musou than you think, and ppl seem to be prefacing everything in regards to this game with 'Its not REALYl a musou game!' which is BS, since they're good games to begin with.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DW: Strikeforce had big bosses and stuff like that, but nobody played it cos it was rear end. This seems to have a bunch of stuff they've done all in one game, rather than cherry picking, which is why it's gonna own so much

yeah that's the one i was thinking about with the giant enemies. it's good to see koei doing new ip and reworking on past ideas. a lot of the poo poo they get is that every warriors game is the same as the last but now there's more soldiers on the screen but they still can't manage frame rate issues.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i really want a ps4 for this game and all the other good upcoming dragon quest games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

all i'm saying is you're gonna be getting a lot more musou than you think, and ppl seem to be prefacing everything in regards to this game with 'Its not REALYl a musou game!' which is BS, since they're good games to begin with.

Ah makes sense. I've just never played a musou game so I have no frame of reference. If I like this one and they make a dw game for ps4 I'll probably play that too

• Locked thread