Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Srice posted:

Dragon Quest Heroes for PC, and we're getting the 3DS ports of 7 and 8 in English too?

Today's a good day to be a Dragon Quest fan.

Dragon Quest FTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAT

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd say every day is a good day to be a dragon quest fan

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
drat it feels good to be a gamer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat that mission btw, doing sidquests in between main story, still loving the game even if I did eventually fall into a routine and stick with the same cast of 4 after a while

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I beat that mission btw, doing sidquests in between main story, still loving the game even if I did eventually fall into a routine and stick with the same cast of 4 after a while

same. i got a dlc boss fight mission that was kicking my rear end so i gave up trying to level more than 4 chars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

same. i got a dlc boss fight mission that was kicking my rear end so i gave up trying to level more than 4 chars

There's DLC?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

There's DLC?

the western release contains all the japanese dlc the psaro fight for instance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

the western release contains all the japanese dlc the psaro fight for instance.

Oh that's cool, I had no idea. I assume I haven't run into any yet since I bet it's all post game stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

someone buy this for me and I'll trade you my white Assassins Creed Vita

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

ey guvs wots this i 'eard 'bout a piecey release?

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
Aren't the DQ 7 and 8 ports gonna be kinda crappy? Like 7 is all zoomed in where you can't see anything so it looks bad and then 8 doesn't look as good either and is missing most of the voice acting? I've loved all the DQ DS ports so far but I'm questioning these...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've heard DQ7 is retooled and generally considered the definitive version of that game, but that the DQ8 port is basically 1:1 port with slightly worse graphics than the ps2 version and no random encounters.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

no random encounters.
I don't understand how this works.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't understand how this works.

Monsters are on the field now like Chrono Trigger

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Monsters are on the field now like Chrono Trigger
This sounds amazing.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
like chrono? it would be better if it was like mana khemia. Being able to hit monsters before the battle to gain initiative is pretty neat

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The DQ8 port also adds new party members and new story content so that + portability is gonna be worth the slight graphics downgrade

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Srice posted:

The DQ8 port also adds new party members and new story content so that + portability is gonna be worth the slight graphics downgrade

what new party members?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

what new party members?

I think you get Red, maybe another

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Morrie, the monster arena guy, is the other

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

morrie and red own so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would swap Angelo for Red in a heartbeat.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

red is a hot babe

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it sounds like dq 8 3ds has the same voice acting as the ps2 version iirc. the main characters and big story line cutscenes have voice. tHey better have the epic english voice actors tho and not bug ppl

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

also the dragon quest 7 remake gfx look ok 2 me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sprites would be nice but hell, whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It looks neat but I do kinda prefer the original look of 7 and the way they applied it to the 4/5/6 DS ports.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I spent 90 hours on DQ7 and will again, 14 years later

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm excited.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I'm on the last story mission. Some of the side quests are starting to kick my rear end now. Im thinking of finishing all side quests since I'm already at like 70% and maybe getting all equipment but there's no way in hell im going to do that bullass achievement to level every single party member to 50 unless there some map they give you at the end of the game that is like, Liquid Slime Grotto or something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit liquid metal slime.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The daddy healslime with a mustache is hosed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DQXI is going to be an insanely gorgeous game on PS4. I can't wait.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i wish liquid slimes were still called babbles.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

DQXI is going to be an insanely gorgeous game on PS4. I can't wait.

yep

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

In Training posted:

I think I'm on the last story mission. Some of the side quests are starting to kick my rear end now. Im thinking of finishing all side quests since I'm already at like 70% and maybe getting all equipment but there's no way in hell im going to do that bullass achievement to level every single party member to 50 unless there some map they give you at the end of the game that is like, Liquid Slime Grotto or something.

there's a way to guarantee king metal slime spawns for pretty fast leveling, relative to other methods. it's still a slog

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Metal babble, ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

that's adorable i had no idea

• Locked thread