Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
it says a lot about the average moron who plays darkfall that extremely small zones where everything is obsolete 2 weeks into launch where you *gasp* can't kill new characters offends them

fondest memory of the reboot: getting $400 for my character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Alexander DeLarge posted:

As stated earlier in this thread, I'm sick of this "sandbox MMO means being able to be an rear end in a top hat in the biggest ways imaginable".

I don't want to play a game that consists of trolls trolling trolls until one of them quits. It's loving dumb and it's unsustainable.

Yeah that's why Darkfall has died about a month after launch, twice. It's not problems with the game, but the entire concept. People do NOT want to play a game like this.

It can provide some awesome moments, but it also drives away 99% of the potential playerbase. So you don't get any moments!

Wanting to make it more "hardcore" is going to result in the 3rd iteration of Darkfall with 15 players online.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Oh yeah there's plenty of different types of sandboxes, but Darkfall's interpretation is on the far far extreme end. I didn't mean sandboxes in general are flawed

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Orv posted:

Pffft no. The combat was poo poo on all fronts, melee was just click to swing.

lol yeah, I was always like "what???" when the Darkfall fanbase would talk about how much skill the combat took. On the release of the reboot, it was "Archers kill everyone because you can't hit them, warriors kill everyone else by running at them and mashing mouse1."

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Alexander DeLarge posted:

When I say true melee, I'm talking about physics based combat that is more than just an attack animation you can press multiple times to swing left/swing right. Think of something like Chivalry/M&B versus the Half Life crowbar or Elder Scrolls Online's system.

I don't know, maybe Gloria Victis was the first MMO to do it, either way, the game people dreamed up while hyping up Mortal Online is achievable now. Then again, Gloria Victis pretty much is that game.

The game isn't achievable except on LAN.

• Locked thread