Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The concept of a game where it was possible to make everyone else on the server cancel their christmas through the use of game mechanics is hilarious. The actual reality of darkfall is just another lovely me-too ffa full loot pvp shitfest from the people who thought trammel was the death of gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tenzarin posted:

Tell you the truth UO with full pvp turned the pretrammel game into a ghost town. Just about no one stayed in the open. Trammel was a huge improvement to the house market too.

I discussed this in the crowfall thread mainly but the problem with open pvp games is that the notional hardcore pvp types don't actually like full loot pvp. What they like is victimising carebears and scrubs. When they are the ones on the receiving end of a gank and loot they tend to give up and quit the game. This coupled with safety in numbers leads to awful imbalances where you end up with 1 giant superguild that crushes everyone else then turns on itself when there is nobody else left to victimise. As a result these uo-like pvp games tend to haemorrhage players from modest launch numbers and disappear in a spiral of rage quits.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Puistokemisti posted:

I wonder how many times these open pvp games need to fail until people finally get the message.

Much like libertarianism, extreme leftist social movements and your parent's hopes for your future, it cannot fail, it can only be failed

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I have a 390x/i7 4770/12GB of memory and I can hardly run it at 30FPS at medium settings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmklF4az0pE

so is there any evidence that is anything but battlefield 4 with a russian voice pack?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Deki posted:

Crowfall is also in development, but it's a crapshoot if it'll be legitimately good or just a 2 month distraction.

I have gazed into the crystal ball known as the way the devs police the official forums and can tell you it will be cliquey corrupt poo poo

• Locked thread