Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Velthice posted:

it's the way it's meant to be played. casuals won't understand. go back to your baby games while the rest of us enjoy an elite hardcore game for elite hardcore gamers

This attitude always amused me, because you know, proper adults have 8 hours to spend playing video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Tell you the truth UO with full pvp turned the pretrammel game into a ghost town. Just about no one stayed in the open. Trammel was a huge improvement to the house market too.

That's why I spent all my time in felucia I think it's name was. It was a ghost town, I could farm lich lords as long as I wanted and get stupid rich. The few fights I did get into were generally long running battles because the only people with balls enough to live there were generally competent at the game, and I don't think anyone ever stole my equipment anymore, I'd usually just get a "drat good fight, here let me rez you."

But yeah the house was in Trammel because there wasn't a spot you could put a house in Fel, it was all taken.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I really didn't have any crafting skills, since crafting would flat out require you buy a second account to level an alt with. So pretty much I'd farm lich lords. I did run a small shop however since I got a metric fuckton of silver vanq weapons off of said lichlords that turned a tidy profit.

Pretty much all I did was pvp in fel for days on end with occasional dips into despair (I think) to top of my cash, then back home to drop my stash off in trammel. It did really solidify the difference in the pvp/pve community. Though to be honest outside of fighting another player I have no clue what that game was good for. Once you had even 6x GM no PVE content was really worth engaging in.

I did enjoy running around with a white wyrm before they made the taming changes to where only tamers could control those types of tames.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

You could have multiple characters on your account. I was leveling my taming in the ice land area on polar bears, I teleported to town and had them attack everyone in my guild. You could freely attack guild members in UO in town.

That came later. Up till about that botched 3d release you could have one character per shard, per account.

• Locked thread