Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Alexander DeLarge posted:

It has a muddy Morrowind-esque charm to it, along with the "painted look". I'd certainly prefer that over Age of Conan which tried to look super realistic for the time it was released.

The original release was kind of interesting. Most of the interest in the game seems to be based off of it and a misconception about the state of the game back then.

I mean, it was basically EVE without the spreadsheets with Morrowind-esque combat added in in a loving huge world. I remember setting up shop in a city in the far corner of the map on this island and the experience was legitimately fun. The pilgrimage to get up there was tense as gently caress and involved constructing a boat to get past all the horrible poo poo in the water.

I ended up playing a smith that just churned out armor and weapons to help colonize this murderously lethal island that'd kill you half the time you stepped outside the walls. Eventually we tamed the place and turned it into our own personal island paradise. It was like an early era ARK.

Then everyone realized how easy it was to exploit their stupid skill system and everything fell apart as people stayed logged in 24/7 with macros and hit godlike levels. Cue small armies of legitimate players getting annihilated by assholes using mountains as cover to snipe things with overpowered spells from half a mile away instead of brutal melee battles. Aventurine refused to fix it and all the other exploits and the game just went to poo poo as everyone left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread