Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Spinning pile drivers on those goddamn harpies all day long please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Crimson Harvest posted:

Hello Sir. We have a report of a domestic disturbance

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Crimson Harvest posted:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ahundredbux posted:

everything I've heard about this game makes it seem like a janky rear end cobbled together RPG...

which is extremly my jam

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
dragons dogma is also heavily influenced by and has a bunch of references to berserk, which is extremely good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Take it from me, the guy with a track record of hating these kinds've games, that #DragonsDoge is awesome.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SombereroLad posted:

my quest for dragon's dogma gifs begins

I made this one that shows off some kick combos.

http://i.imgur.com/oLah0Ul.gifv

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh poo poo I just realized by the time this is out on PC the Steam Controller will of come out as well... Hell yea.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell if people want me to I might stream me playing some of this on PS3 in the mean time, if they'd like to see what's up.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Hell if people want me to I might stream me playing some of this on PS3 in the mean time, if they'd like to see what's up.

I'll watch.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I won't watch it but I will support you by leaving it open and minimized

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It won't be now since I'm watching the 1998 Royal Rumble.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

It won't be now since I'm watching the 1998 Royal Rumble.

rough day at work?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I won't watch it but I will support you by leaving it open and minimized

Farewell.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
rip... it wasnt his time.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
There's a front page?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

There's a front page?

That's a ban.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Evil Eagle posted:

costanza's got moves

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

this is the gif i saw. there will be a mod for this game that adds in unarmed stuff. i know it

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I hope Dragon's Dogma winds up with a modding community that blows Skyrim's out of the water

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mach2 posted:

I hope Dragon's Dogma winds up with a modding community that blows Skyrim's out of the water

It won't.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

First off, Japs don't know or have any inclination for making things mod-friendly. Second of all, it's not nearly as popular.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

I can dream

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cant be hard to make punches and kicks deal way more damage

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Evil Eagle posted:

:magical:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Bobnumerotres posted:

cant be hard to make punches and kicks deal way more damage

No, but it's probably straight up impossible to add a skill tree / class.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Evil Eagle posted:

this... I want this..

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

george is gettin frustrated!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ahundredbux posted:

this... I want this..

There's also a move where you jump into the air and do like 6 front flips while your daggers slice into enemies.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
what sort of magic spells do you have access to??

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ahundredbux posted:

what sort of magic spells do you have access to??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCtARsbRjzM

IDK why lowtax wont let me link to a specific part of the video but anyway there's a cool ice spike spell.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
dragons dogma has the coolest magic spells of any game ever

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this drat bandit keeps owning me at the top of this one hill. i might go off and meet w/ mercedes and level up before i head that way...

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Evil Eagle posted:

There's also a move where you jump into the air and do like 6 front flips while your daggers slice into enemies.

Ahundredbux posted:

this... I want this..

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got moves that let me sprint into battle, incapacitate a target, and launch some guy 600 feet away with a dagger uppercut followed by throwing a bomb at him. combat is getting more and more fun.

my main pawn is getting more spells, and can enchant my daggers w/ lightning while healing me and clearing status effects

one thing i'm not sure about that i don't want to look up on a wiki because of spoilers, is whether i should be keeping a consistent party and letting my pawns level with me, or if i should just swap out my generics every so often

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i got moves that let me sprint into battle, incapacitate a target, and launch some guy 600 feet away with a dagger uppercut followed by throwing a bomb at him. combat is getting more and more fun.

my main pawn is getting more spells, and can enchant my daggers w/ lightning while healing me and clearing status effects

one thing i'm not sure about that i don't want to look up on a wiki because of spoilers, is whether i should be keeping a consistent party and letting my pawns level with me, or if i should just swap out my generics every so often

If you have internet you should definitely swap around player made pawns because the ones the game gives you aren't set up optimally

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

which class is it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

which class is it.

Strider. It's the helm/skull/brain splitter skill.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
I played the game a few months ago and got to Gran Soren then kept getting owned by some Cyclops thing in the Everfall corridor. I came back to it yesterday and realized I'm probably not supposed to be there yet so now I'm evicting people and grabbing kids and spying and having fun again, good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Strider. It's the helm/skull/brain splitter skill.

Strider owns. Getting to stand back and take shots at monster's weak points while your pawns keep them busy is the best

I just don't get the point of the skills that make it so you shoot arrows in different formations

• Locked thread