Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Sorry about the bump, but I felt the thread needed some quality pics (Warning: spoilers for episodes 9-11) from the gritty medical drama, Young Black Jack.

Anyway, I just finished binge watching this over the last two days after the first five episodes were loving fantastic and boy, it was a ride. The episode 9-11 story was really off the wall compared to the serious mood the series established with the Vietnam War stuff, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I particularly liked the side characters being brought back in various ways, e.g. the fake cult leader helping Black Jack get into Vietnam, the CIA guy being involved in other cases and the revolution lady re-appearing in a different group. Yabu also had some cool character development.

The end credit cards comparing the anime's modern interpretations of Tezuka's various characters was also great, and makes me wish they would animate Pluto.

Please animate Pluto, Tezuka Productions. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread