Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

I'm not really familiar with Black Jack, so if there's a lot of foreshadowing and stuff going on then its lost on me. That said, I really enjoyed the first episode - backroom cutting edge surgery is a fun set up. Second episode felt like it was a little rushed on the back end, especially the 'twist', but I like how camp the supporting cast is.

The one thing I will say is that the character designs going from the fairly modern looking Black Jack to the more quirky design of some of the other characters is a little jarring. The parents in the first episode looked like they were out of Professor Layton. The music was a bit hit and miss as well.

But that first episode surgery was so good, so I'm definitely going to stick with this. Any anime with an opiate addicted sidekick is alright by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread