Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i can't watch this week but im glad everymatsu is having fun :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Man, ESP Kitty hit me right in the feels. I almost started tearing up near the end.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Is there anything informative to read about the outdated physical comedy they mention in the first episode? I've seen references to this before, but it's really alien to me.

It's just that when a comedian with some sort of catch-phrase/pose (like "sheeeeeeh!") becomes popular in Japan they *love* to run that poo poo into the ground to unbelievable extremes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6BnjbVHQHA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trucutru posted:

It's just that when a comedian with some sort of catch-phrase/pose (like "sheeeeeeh!") becomes popular in Japan they *love* to run that poo poo into the ground to unbelievable extremes
unlike america. get 'er done.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

Iyami ep next week gonna be good. I hope he doesn't see any more turds he doesn't like

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I watched the second episode. lol at all the Fukumoto refs and the Dayon factory

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The first episode has run afoul of copyright trouble and is being pulled from the BD and also all streaming services.

http://osomatsusan.com/news/attention/

aers fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 5, 2015

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

aers posted:

The first episode has run afoul of copyright trouble and is being pulled from the BD and also all streaming services.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Lame.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

aers posted:

:mad:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Copyright laws are the true villain in this season of Osomatsu-san

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

wow, that's fuckin lame

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

aers posted:

I can't believe Gintama predicted this.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

The official website of the comedy television anime series Mr. Osomatsu (Osomatsu-san) announced on Thursday that the first Blu-ray Disc/DVD volume of the series will not include the first episode. The second and third episode will also be completely reanimated. The first Blu-ray/DVD volume is slated for a January 29 release.

In a press conference on October 29, Yūichi Takahashi of TV Tokyo apologized for the series' third episode. The episode contained a parody of the Anpanman children's anime character. The first and second episodes of the show also contained parodies of many other series, such as Attack on Titan, Boys Over Flowers, and Sailor Moon.

Japan does not have a parody exception or provision in its copyright law. Therefore, making parodies of copyrighted works may illegally violate a copyright owners' "right to maintain integrity," if performed without the copyright holder's prior consent.

Two and Three getting totally re-done too. And an apology

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, I was wondering what was up with Japan's parody law. I guess the answer was "there isn't one".

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

wow, this is hosed up
and episode 1 was so good, shame it won't be released period

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I kind of want to see the Shirobako episodes where this series of decisions get explained

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My guess is that they knew this would happen all along and decided to do it anyway, which rules. It's a shame that you can't legally get the first episode anymore, but that kind of adds to the mystique.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I liked the Dekapanman bits :(

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Two and Three getting totally re-done too. And an apology

I was thinking the last episode would be all apologies, but...

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

the wildest rear end posted:

Yeah, I was wondering what was up with Japan's parody law. I guess the answer was "there isn't one".

Correct. Japan doesn't have any exception for parody in their copyright laws.

Gintama survives by mostly making fun of other Jump series, getting permission/apologizing in advance, and being so drat funny that it can get away with anything.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

ANN's translation is wrong, episode 2 and 3 aren't being touched.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah, yeah they updated it.

quote:

The official website of the comedy television anime series Mr. Osomatsu (Osomatsu-san) announced on Thursday that the first Blu-ray Disc/DVD volume of the series will not include the first episode, and will instead include a completely new episode in its place. The first Blu-ray/DVD volume is slated for a January 29 release.

New first episode. Assuming they got it right this time.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Ah, yeah they updated it.

New first episode. Assuming they got it right this time.

I can't wait for the director to get a new wife and divorce to reprise the "We're Sorry" episode from Gintama.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Anpanman is a real show? In this week's Ace of Diamond, the opposing pitcher's gimmick is that he pitches better while singing the theme song. I thought they made the show up to make the guy look even dumber than he is.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

grrarg posted:

Anpanman is a real show? In this week's Ace of Diamond, the opposing pitcher's gimmick is that he pitches better while singing the theme song. I thought they made the show up to make the guy look even dumber than he is.

It's what Onepunch Man (Wanpanman) is referencing.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I kinda wonder if the assfuck copyright laws of the TPP will be an improvement on that regard then.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

grrarg posted:

As someone said in a different thread, "he's a hero and friend to all children. Plus you can eat him!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anpanman#The_Heroes

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Fun show.

http://i.imgur.com/mK9fqbB.png

maybe :nws:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

aers posted:

Are you loving kidding me? At least half of anime is making fun of other anime.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The official twitter announced this show is 2-cours instead of 1.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I refuse to celebrate until the 10th cour is announced.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It'll be a sad day when Obama stops making random appearances in anime.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

aers posted:

The official twitter announced this show is 2-cours instead of 1.

gently caress yeah.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mustache Obama

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Obamatsu

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

It was really weird seeing Dayoon as a person and not just a fuckin mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

If they didn't give him a mustache they might have gotten sued.

• Locked thread