Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

Here's the OPM intro in mspaint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV6O0QZcTgE

I'd like to believe it's what ONE would've done if nobody adapted it.

should have sold the gimmick by downloading a tab of the OP, playing it in powertab or some poo poo and then sung over the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwlO_R1nmRI

I don't think it's possible to watch this without cringing so hard you'll get headache.

Was this made by the NEET guy?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Can't believe the loving normies don't get one punch man

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Namtab posted:

Can't believe the loving normies don't get one punch man

It was supposed to be the normie anime too.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It still is normie tier

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

It still is normie tier

Naw, he's just so weeb he can't even live normally.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
He has become... too weeb

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I stopped watching 45 seconds in at the mosquito joke when I realized there were 4 more minutes of video, and it sounds like it would have just made me mad if I had watched the whole thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I got infinite amounts of mad when he insults the webcomic straight up

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i didn't watch it since i'm not retarded

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

same

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

tiistai posted:

Still more likely than Madhouse doing a second season for an anime

Hell they've done three for Hajime no Ippo so far haven't they?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Twiddy posted:

I'd say that OPM is an excellent lesson for amateurs that there's a lot of ways to create tension and write a story, and that the fights in fighting anime/manga/whatever are kinda superfluous and don't have to be a real focus... if they are in the first place. Most of the time the fighting in things about fighting have about as much narrative importance and tension as the fighting in OPM.

Note that he said 'most of the time'. There are outliers, of course.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

the animation in the last episode made me :gizz:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Davincie posted:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

the animation in the last episode made me :gizz:

It was very well done.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Well I watched the last episode and it was the absolute sickest poo poo. It is all those cools things in anime I see in gifs but condensed and without all that not-cool stuff around.

OPM is truly the purest form of anime.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yeah the Boros fight is pretty much coolest poo poo ever animated.
They were punching so hard that they were melting the spaceship.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
At first I was sad it was short, only 12 episodes. But I really feel the quick pace helped it out. It's like an anime with none of the fat. It's almost an abridged anime it's so lean. Unlike DBZ which had lots of time spent with people staring at at other, or waiting for dust clouds to part so they can get back to staring at each other.

It's like the opposite to HunterXHunter, by one point a literal 3 minute counter lasted like, 5 episodes. And 70% of the episodes had the action replaced with a voice over telling you what would be happening if they actually loving showed it happening. loving Xenogears disc 2 level of dialog. Guess I a had a little rant in me. :shobon:

To sum up, while there are other animes I like more than OPM, as great as they are, each one has a bunch of faults (episodes of Attack On Titan had some episodes that where so rushed, it included tons of panning shots to save time, and used still images displaying 2 people talking. Like, you can see they're talking but their mouths aren't moving!) Where as I would consider OPM a "perfect anime"

Animation, sound, story, characters, plot, action, everything!

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 7, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ak Gara posted:

It's like the opposite to HunterXHunter, by one point a literal 3 minute counter lasted like, 5 episodes. And 70% of the episodes had the action replaced with a voice over telling you what would be happening if they actually loving showed it happening. loving Xenogears disc 2 level of dialog. Guess I a had a little rant in me. :shobon:

HxH was actually done by the same studio as OPM! The reason HxH is paced like that is because the manga has the exact same pacing, not because Madhouse screwed up.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

LORD OF BUTT posted:

HxH was actually done by the same studio as OPM! The reason HxH is paced like that is because the manga has the exact same pacing, not because Madhouse screwed up.

You can say they screwed up by following that exact same pacing. They changed several things in OPM, and for the most part I think it was an improvement. Fidelity is not necessarily a virtue.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

What I really liked is the change of artstyle when Boros used his final moved. It almost looked like it could be copied exactly from the manga.

Is it?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Michaellaneous posted:

What I really liked is the change of artstyle when Boros used his final moved. It almost looked like it could be copied exactly from the manga.

Is it?

I initially was down on the anime for certain scenes that I felt were changed from the manga, but upon actually buying the books and reading them I realized that Murata touched up the art and changed certain battle scenes, meaning that the anime was actually faithful to the books, which were the final product.

But no, Boros's Meteoric Burst is far more impressive in the animation.

Here's the chapter with the final attack.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---048----Nerieru-Scans?id=248688

It's the updated version that appeared in the paperback manga.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I think the anime fight does a better job at capturing the parallels between Boros and Saitama, how this is the fight Boros has been waiting for and Saitama's boredom/disappointment

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I initially was down on the anime for certain scenes that I felt were changed from the manga, but upon actually buying the books and reading them I realized that Murata touched up the art and changed certain battle scenes, meaning that the anime was actually faithful to the books, which were the final product.

But no, Boros's Meteoric Burst is far more impressive in the animation.

Here's the chapter with the final attack.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---048----Nerieru-Scans?id=248688

It's the updated version that appeared in the paperback manga.

Oh my god I never looked at the manga but honestly that looks so good as well. It almost looks like the storyboard of the anime, it's drawn so amazingly.

But yeah, the pacing of the fight was amazing.

It actually reminds me a lot of Wonderfull 101 in that it just keeps getting more and more insane and then just ends in the most beautiful way.
I am glad this anime exists.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
read the comic man, its ridiculously good

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I would be fine with an abridged style OPM vid that is a supercut of all the low-key scenes of saitama being saitama and then a next time on OPM with 20 seconds of all the punches

Kinda like that one katanagatari ep where the whole fight is only in the teaser

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

45 fweaking songs in the OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5npMmk2KCc

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've wanted Theme of ONEPUNCHMAN ever since Saitama's dream.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

This soundtrack is sick and reminds me of MGR in all the good ways.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Give it to me.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Waffleman_ posted:

I've wanted Theme of ONEPUNCHMAN ever since Saitama's dream.

This, but with BATTLE!!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
OST out yet??

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

PaganGoatPants posted:

OST out yet??

Here's a playlist of previews to tide you over?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPs0THIUAAzBIHmodWVnfDWnIL-_O-ogJ

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I read earlier that there's a volume two of the OST coming next month too? So basically, there may be more to come even after that one.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Is there a an HD collection of the bumpers somewhere?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We can embed WebMs now. I will commemorate this.

https://sakuga.yshi.org/data/4e0d6b237370fefa39e1430efab6f897.webm

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oh poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This was such a good anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgzoqQBZN2s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU