Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The music reminds me a lot of the MGR buttrock which is a good thing.
Also it makes me laugh and it's not some serious pretentiouss busllhit.

Only good anime I watched so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I know. I wanted to get more into it. But I really need a very specific kind of anime it seems.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I see where you are coming from, my friend. Might I reccomend Space Dandy?

I will friend. Thank you.

I do like how the show goes full anime for 5 minutes where a cyborg talking about justice and revenge fights against a big boobed anime mosqito lady only for our hero to show up and basically say "nope".

I can identify with saitama. gently caress pretentious anime stuff.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

T.G. Xarbala posted:

So we've settled on big tits = pretentiousness right?

VEGETA - One Punch Man: Big Tits = Pretentiousness

But yeah you guys know what I mean. I just wanna laugh about goofy poo poo.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Thank you all for your nice suggestions. I'll be sure to check some out and report back.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

One thing I gotta ask. Is Sonic supposed to be this anime stereotype of a woman or something? I could not tell you from just looking at the dude, and the fact he gets his dick punched in I assume that's supposed to be confusing?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I see you like to play Castlevania!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Just let platinum make a OPM game.

Also I just watched 11 and holy gently caress "OK" is now the best quote ever.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Well I watched the last episode and it was the absolute sickest poo poo. It is all those cools things in anime I see in gifs but condensed and without all that not-cool stuff around.

OPM is truly the purest form of anime.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

What I really liked is the change of artstyle when Boros used his final moved. It almost looked like it could be copied exactly from the manga.

Is it?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I initially was down on the anime for certain scenes that I felt were changed from the manga, but upon actually buying the books and reading them I realized that Murata touched up the art and changed certain battle scenes, meaning that the anime was actually faithful to the books, which were the final product.

But no, Boros's Meteoric Burst is far more impressive in the animation.

Here's the chapter with the final attack.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---048----Nerieru-Scans?id=248688

It's the updated version that appeared in the paperback manga.

Oh my god I never looked at the manga but honestly that looks so good as well. It almost looks like the storyboard of the anime, it's drawn so amazingly.

But yeah, the pacing of the fight was amazing.

It actually reminds me a lot of Wonderfull 101 in that it just keeps getting more and more insane and then just ends in the most beautiful way.
I am glad this anime exists.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

This soundtrack is sick and reminds me of MGR in all the good ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

So I got myself the soundtrack and :flashfap:
So much power metal, so many sick beats. It's amazing.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBakYaOfDIk
:rock:

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jan 20, 2016

• Locked thread