Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
A collection of sick Spurrier burns for your consideration:

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/jon-solomon/25337645/college-footballs-most-quotable-coach-steve-spurriers-best-jabs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Spurrier's farewell presser was perfect. Man, these past 10 years were fun.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

On Gamecocks defensive end Jadeveon Clowney getting a speeding ticket: "I didn't know Jadeveon's car could go that fast. He doesn't have a pretty car like those FSU guys used to drive."

hahahaha

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

DJExile posted:

hahahaha

My idol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Beautiful.

Godspeed, Spur dog :patriot:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@onlygators: Reporter to Shawn Elliott: "How much pressure do you feel replacing Steve Spurrier?"

Steve Spurrier yells away from the mic: "We're 2-4."

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Ehud posted:

@onlygators: Reporter to Shawn Elliott: "How much pressure do you feel replacing Steve Spurrier?"

*wipes away tears*

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ehud posted:

Steve Spurrier needs to just full time be the Statler and Waldorf of college football, showing up to press conferences and broadcasts across the country.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Fair sailing, awesome guy. You made football more fun, and your wife was a stone cold fox in her day.

Oh, my... :allears:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Thoguh posted:

Steve Spurrier needs to just full time be the Statler and Waldorf of college football, showing up to press conferences and broadcasts across the country.

Whenever Georgia or Clemson is losing they fly him in at halftime

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ehud posted:

hahahahaha

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I know he isn't our HBC anymore, but today is pretty sad.

Wonder if this is how my dad felt when Dooley hung it up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
There's nothing more than I'd like right now than to be watching ball with the HBC on a lazy Saturday evening, Clampson or Uga or someone playing, Ball Coach has a couple glasses of chardonnay in him, and telling him "You know Coach, it ain't like you can get trouble for anything you say on Twitter now..."

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia beating him by 32 in his last year kind of owns.

Enjoy your retirement you loving pole smoker.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This is the Steve Spurrier Appreciation Station, dumb cry baby haters please vacate

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

MourningView posted:

This is the Steve Spurrier Appreciation Station, dumb cry baby haters please vacate

There is no better testament to Spurrier's greatness than the number of childhood sports memories he has ruined.

Seriously, if you are between 25 and 35 (what I imagine is average TFF goon age), chances are Steve Spurrier wrecked your team and ruined your 10 year old self's week.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
We only played him once and won by like 4 TDs so I am free to appreciate him owning others.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia beating him by 32 in his last year kind of owns.

Enjoy your retirement you loving pole smoker.

Little solace for trampling your dreams for 12 years...

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Spurrier hanging with the crew after beating UNC 41-0 and winning the ACC at friggin Duke.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ehud posted:

:lol:

This is the best.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Utah played Florida once in the 70's and I don't think we've played South Carolina. Especially not in thr past decade. So I've pretty much always been pro-Spurrier as all good men are.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Spurrier was the QB coach at Georgia Tech for one year in the 70s and he's always hated Georgia with a passion so he's a good man in my book.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
How much money is going to be in the dump truck ESPN will be parking in Spurrier's front yard tomorrow morning?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Technowrite posted:

How much money is going to be in the dump truck ESPN will be parking in Spurrier's front yard tomorrow morning?

He seems like a Fox Sports personality to me.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Give him and Paul Finebaum open mics for at least an hour a day. All I need. :munch:

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

DJExile posted:

Give him and Paul Finebaum open mics for at least an hour a day. All I need. :munch:

Oh my God

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Screw those guys, I want a live Hatin' rear end Spurrier segment on Wake Up College Football every Sunday morning.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

FIRE UP THE FLIGHT TRACKER WOO WOO

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Anyone who can win at Duke is a pretty cool person.

Then again I was too young to remember the reasons my parents hate him so maybe I am biased.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
It really seems like ESPN is grooming Mack Brown to replace Corso. They need to drop that plan and do whatever it takes to get Spurrier in there. Mack can either stay with ESPN and slide in to the Lou Holtz role or go back to coaching if he wants. On paper he seems like a perfectly decent candidate for either USC job.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
edit: wrong thread

spurdog owns

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

D.N. Nation posted:

Spurrier hanging with the crew after beating UNC 41-0 and winning the ACC at friggin Duke.
I liked how he would put Duke in the Coach's preseason poll because the preseason poll is dumb and to thank them for giving him his start.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There honestly is no man better suited for the camera than Steve Spurrier. Holy crap that link on this page with all his comments had me crying laughing.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
As a Vols fan, I love and respect that he let a resentment towards Tennessee fuel his whole career. I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. I'm a fan of Spurdog and I'll certainly be missing him.

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
I will miss the visor throwing, gatorade shaking, smack talking HBC. I was privileged to see the first 9 win season as a graduate student and the two subsequent years of prosperity. South Carolina football won't be the same without him.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

swickles posted:

There is no better testament to Spurrier's greatness than the number of childhood sports memories he has ruined.

Seriously, if you are between 25 and 35 (what I imagine is average TFF goon age), chances are Steve Spurrier wrecked your team and ruined your 10 year old self's week.

I was an Alabama fan before I attended Florida for undergrad. Even though I'm now a huge Gator fan, I still remember the 1994 SEC CG as one of the most painful games I've ever experienced.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Spurrier, I'm glad you found time in your schedule to throw sick burns at Kentucky football. Also you helped change the way offense was played in college. Go play all the golf or whatever it is you have planned.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RIP Spurdog, may you deliver sick burns in between golf rounds

Thermos H Christ posted:

Fair sailing, awesome guy. You made football more fun, and your wife was a stone cold fox in her day.

how old is this pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

DOOP posted:

RIP Spurdog, may you deliver sick burns in between golf rounds

how old is this pic

60s probably. Didn't realize Jerri was such a babe back in the day.

• Locked thread