Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Ratz Instagib is fairly epic for a few hours.

It is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i dont remember much about him but he posted around here a lot so RIP penetrator

he was a fine poster. nothing special.. but fione. he will be missed

EDIT: fine**

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
He was my friend, his name was Jake. rIP Jake

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rippin rapin jake

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wow, banned by Lowtax directly. RIP Penetrator

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*EVERYONE in the OP seing an asteroid enter the earths atmostphere, a GODLIKE first person experience!!!!!!!!!*: Drepuchnya.

*same group seeing their friend fall into a lake on Fail Army TOp Fails of Russia 2015*: Drepuchnya.

i bet there's at least one slavic language where "derp" is a real word you can look up in adictionary

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

In Training posted:

Is the new UT any fun.

I never played the old UT but double pressing w in order to hop forwards is the gayest thing in a video game ever and by distributive property makes every single UT game gay as well.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its definitely sad that CS is the only competitive shooter anyone plays because its kind of uninteresting compared to Quake or whatever. But at least it has a playerbase and matchmaking which is more than can be said for any of these other games.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Wickland, Reflex, Xyiotuiz, Reload Net or whatever, and every other name you could picture as an Arena Shooter Knockoff In Early Access is in fact a game in early access and is completely dead. And hell, Wickland is like a fast UT clone with a couple twists and it's sort of awesome, but there's only 2 people that play it in the entire world. Reflex is just an awesome graphics quake 3 with cpma, and no one plays it outside of 3 people in Sweden.

The trick to finding people to play dead arena shooters with is to post asking for duel partners on the official forums. I did this for reflex and basically now i know enough people that I stand a chance playing against that I can get somebody to fite me most hours during the day.
It's a pain in the rear end and all I want is an arena shooter with a populated 1v1 matchmaking system but you do what you can

also even though there are as many quake successor early access games as there are people willing to play them reflex is the best one in many ways and should be the one you pay attention to

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

More like Quack Live! This game is a Ducking joke!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's true folks. Reflex is awesome. But no one plays it outside of Europe in the 6-8PM EST time slot. Good luck.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
UT 99 is the superior arena shooter

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ColoradoCleric posted:

fly away troll

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ColoradoCleric posted:

It's a shame people believe this.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
man quake 3 is fun with its boring weapons with no alternate fire

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ColoradoCleric posted:

man quake 3 is fun with its boring weapons with no alternate fire

what the hell is wrong with you

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He's probably someone who played UT in 1999 when no one knew how to play games like that and now as an old man he plays it when goons start a server for a week or whatever and doesn't think about what he's playing, he just gets absorbed in shooting rockets at people and having his mind blown all over again by sometimes remembering to press the alt fire button and would of been perfectly content to do it in Quake if UT never existed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell, plenty of people are like that. So whatevs. But their wrong if they think it's better than Quake.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's like people whose nostalgia for quake 3 is based on dm17 and space ctf and the one with the bfg sitting on the platform you can squish people. Those maps are atrocious if your being serious about it but hell, in 2000 I could imagine spending hours being entranced by them if I wasn't a N64 kid who only used a PC to play Diablo.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ut99 is full of garbage maps and lots of them are death traps for accidentally dodging off thr edge into space if you hit a twice in a row too fast

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also the rocket launcher feels like rear end because it prioritizes stacking rockets over firing so it doesnt shoot until you release the mouse button

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I really like arena shooters.

I also really like Tribes shooters.

I do not like boring realistic CoD shooters.

Thanks for reading.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

ut99 is full of garbage maps and lots of them are death traps for accidentally dodging off thr edge into space if you hit a twice in a row too fast

i thought you liked mp maps where you could fall off

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rediscover posted:

they have to be good maps and you shouldnt have controls that make you jump quickly in a direction when youre trying to move in small increments

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
in doom dm you can't even jump :smug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

caught in a web of lies

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was a failfag who liked UT more than quake 3 as a kid... But then I played some quake 3 arena and changed my mind. Quake is miles ahead of UT

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Here's a mind bending concept I'd like to share with you all. I like both games. For different reasons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only UT I've played is the one for PS2

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I thought about it for a minute and it feels like q3 is the better game whereas UT has more charm.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like both UT99 and Q3A but I definitely like Q3A a lot more and played way more of it when I was younger

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Having played both extensively at the lan cafe when they came out, UT was for people that couldn't hang in quake, and for them it was definitely more fun.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Checking Planet Quake every day for updates on Q3Fortress... so many feels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kazvall posted:

Having played both extensively at the lan cafe when they came out, UT was for people that couldn't hang in quake, and for them it was definitely more fun.

casuals.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of awesome multiplayer shooter games, who's excited for The Team Fortress Clone Made by Blizzard

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Speaking of awesome multiplayer shooter games, who's excited for The Team Fortress Clone Made by Blizzard

It's going to be loving awesome.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I say this without a morsel of irony: I'm extremely excited to play that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I say this without a morsel of irony: I'm extremely excited to play that.

It's weird that Blizzard seems to make one billion dollars a day and their recent strategy is to simply steal Valve games wholesale and put Diablo in it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I hope Blizzard soon answers all my emails about having custom shoes and boots in lieu of hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

It's weird that Blizzard seems to make one billion dollars a day and their recent strategy is to simply steal Valve games wholesale and put Diablo in it.

It's badass because the game isnt even out yet and they already have 18 characters, and the people at Valve could only ever think of 9, and they had nearly a decade to think of more.

• Locked thread