Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it would help if every non-AAA shooter had a playerbase of more than 100 on release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

toxikk devs: yeah, were just straight up ripping of ut2004. who cares as long as its fun?

toxikk devs: thank you to all whove supported us now on our fourth year of early access

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you need money to develop a game and ideally early access is a way to give people a demo of what they paid for, and the influx of funds would spur development

what devs actually do is leave their game in early access for 2+ years and very gradually trickle out content in case people start thinking no ones home

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the new UT is hardly in alpha so its hard to say. also the whole community-run thing means it'll probably stay that way for years

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont remember much about him but he posted around here a lot so RIP penetrator

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rippin rapin jake

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I believe so as well

i believe the game will be boring and horrible for like 2 years and then be pretty drat good after tons of patches that fix everything wrong with it, as with all blizzard games

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i gotta agree w/ kazvall, quake 3's just a better game overall but UT is better for laughs and casual fun. the mutators especially make it feel like a kind of FPS smash bros

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

FPS smash bros

btw someone needs to make this. nexuiz had a really cool mario kart-like powerup system, where one of the powerups on the map gave you something random. it could be a little neat boost like a jetpack or a short period of invulnerability or it could flip on low gravity, or slow down time for everyone but you, and other cool poo poo

too bad no one played it and it was otherwise pretty mediocre

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have they said it's gonna be an actual 60 dollar game or some f2p model?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

THeyve been ominously quiet about it.

so both

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tbh theyve done a really good job patching up diablo 3 and sc2 for free but thats more an apology for their original states than anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

When the only cost is being a human being for playing a game that loving gay, it's basically free.

• Locked thread