Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Vile posted:

Return of Panty Thief has, erm, returned! All shall fear his larcenous wrath.

He wouldn't be as frightening if his jewel-burgling and bank-robbing exploits weren't all committed while he was wearing nothing but a pair of panties. That's just tasteless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

He wouldn't be as frightening if his jewel-burgling and bank-robbing exploits weren't all committed while he was wearing nothing but a pair of panties. That's just tasteless.

Especially considering his method of wearing them.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hey, silk knuckles are more dangerous than you think!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Bad Munki posted:

Hey, silk knuckles are more dangerous than you think!

Bad Munki's newest brilliant build confirmed

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

AnoHito posted:

Bad Munki's newest brilliant build confirmed

Knuckle Dragger was a horrible failure, so these adamantine gauntlets on a gremlin are a sure thing!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Bad Munki posted:

Knuckle Dragger was a horrible failure, so these adamantine gauntlets on a gremlin are a sure thing!

Come on, it was a gremlin that punched a... was it a minotaur? to death. That's the opposite of failure. :colbert:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

my dad posted:

Come on, it was a gremlin that punched a... was it a minotaur? to death. That's the opposite of failure. :colbert:

Wait, did that actually work? I can't even remember now, so I just assume everything ever failed.

e: Huh.

quote:

Knuckle Dragger_DP punches Antionette_TTA in the head with his right hand, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle and bruising the brain through the silver helm!
Antionette_TTA has been stunned!
Antionette_TTA has been struck down.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 15, 2015

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
A nice feature to have would be a test character generator, so that you could easily test your build against other legal builds.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Added Space posted:

A nice feature to have would be a test character generator, so that you could easily test your build against other legal builds.

Pretty sure that's been mentioned as on the "to-do" list.

What I'm curious about, though, is how we're supposed to arrange the teams. A team of four people doesn't fit easily on a 3 wide starting line. Are we going to update the arena design, or play something unusual?

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Jazzimus Prime posted:

...and focus (slightly affects general combat awareness, and affects archery skills)

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Kobold
Size: 25
Agility: ++
Strength: +
Toughness: +
Recuperation: +
Disease Resitance: +
Focus: -
1400 points
May use 1-handedly: buckler, large dagger, whip, short sword, scourge
May use 2-handedly: spear, battleaxe, pick, mace, war hammer, bow

Wait a minute... are Bowbolds a bad idea now?

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Have they ever really been a good idea?

No.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

ZeeToo posted:

Pretty sure that's been mentioned as on the "to-do" list.

What I'm curious about, though, is how we're supposed to arrange the teams. A team of four people doesn't fit easily on a 3 wide starting line. Are we going to update the arena design, or play something unusual?

Yes, I'll update the arena design.

Also...

:siren: ONLY NINE SPOTS LEFT :siren:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
It's probably not too late to post about this in the New LP thread. :v: Might attract extra audience.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

my dad posted:

It's probably not too late to post about this in the New LP thread. :v: Might attract extra audience.

Sudden. Urge. To. Check. LP. Board... :stare:

...though I'm 99% sure my dad is pulling a fast one. :argh:

Edit: Couldn't help myself~ Looks like there's magic in that 1%! :angel:

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 15, 2015

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
May I suggest an unorthodox but entertaining method of picking teams this time around? Instead of random selection, hold a grand melee! Rank players by the order they go out in the melee, then, assign teams via whatever fair metric you see best! Maybe try to keep teams total ranking fairly close. It'd make for more exciting betting, I think.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
I don't believe it was done randomly last time. As I recall it basically just counted people off into teams, so (using this tournaments team total) signups 1, 17, 33, and 49 all got the same team.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

That's really just another form of randomness...

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
If it's the same case here, I'm with...

Afriscipio (not bad)

Ramc (so good so far)

the panty thief yeti guy
kill me

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

No wonder no one else is signing up, next fighter gets stuck with Bad Munki.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

AnoHito posted:

No wonder no one else is signing up, next fighter gets stuck with Bad Munki.

Re-registering three more times now, thanks

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Oh man, it's been a while since I've done one of these. Time to make a Kobold!

EDIT: The Krying Bowbold Returns!

EDIT2: Hmm, can I still reduce the number of arrows my fighter starts with?

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 15, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I hope fighters #24, 40, and 56 are happy with the fact that they're teamed with a tiny, screeching, four-armed ape robot.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Face, the Troll Has entered the arena

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Iunnrais posted:

May I suggest an unorthodox but entertaining method of picking teams this time around? Instead of random selection, hold a grand melee! Rank players by the order they go out in the melee, then, assign teams via whatever fair metric you see best! Maybe try to keep teams total ranking fairly close. It'd make for more exciting betting, I think.

Sounds good to me!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Who is the poor rear end in a top hat that would have to run and write that up?

Oh. Right.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh, good point. In that case, definitely do it that way!

Battle royale among all contestants, ranked in order of death, and then each team, in turn, picks the top-most-ranked available fighter, until all fighters are gone. I like it. The writeup would be a monstrous pain in the rear end, but at least the team assignment would be pretty easy (just grep "xxxxx has been struck down" from the log and there's your ranking.) Maybe do it as a back-and-forth draft so the teams that picked last the first round pick first the second round, that way nobody really gets outright screwed.

I guess there's still the problem of figuring out the draft order for the teams. I say live stream a few d20 rolls.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 16, 2015

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

The issue there is that people might want to co-ordinate with their teammates on their starting builds to avoid 3 archers. Or 2 archers. Or really even 1 archer.

Archery blows in a team battle, classically, is all I'm saying.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That's certainly true. Okay okay okay...each fighter doesn't actually appear in the battle royale, but is instead represented by a randomly-skilled-and-equipped (within point limits) gremlin proxy. We dump all the gremlins in an arena that is too small to house them all, shake it up, and watch it go.

Whatever we do, we have to make sure it requires the absolute maximum amount of work on Spermy Smurf's part.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

"The Gremlin Murder Lottery"

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Ramc posted:

The issue there is that people might want to co-ordinate with their teammates on their starting builds to avoid 3 archers. Or 2 archers. Or really even 1 archer.

It blows in a 1v1 battle much more.

Should we remove the ability for people to make archery fighters if there is no way they can be competitive?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
All gremlins are archers, each gremlin gets a different number of arrows which is their signup number.

I have to manually keep track of what gremlin had what number of arrows.

Edit: we can change names, race, and builds before the actual league starts. One archer on a team might actually be useful in this.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

How do you decide which one is the Powerball?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ramc posted:

No reason the initial team-deciding tournament would lock your character build.

After the battle royale you can tweak to your heart's content.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Tunicate posted:

No reason the initial team-deciding tournament would lock your character build.

After the battle royale you can tweak to your heart's content.

If so, then fair enough.

Edit- and might let some people see if their initial build is obviously flawed.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

each gremlin gets a different number of arrows which is their signup number.

This but arms instead of arrows.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

This but arms instead of arrows.

We'd need to define a variable to track how many arms a character had.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Just a custom race for each fighter is what I'm thinking. They're all gremlins, except each variant has a different number of arms.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And they all get grandmaster kicking and nothing else.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tunicate posted:

We'd need to define a variable to track how many arms a character had.

Would we call the varialble determining whether someone has arms or not... ArmOK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

my dad posted:

Would we call the varialble determining whether someone has arms or not... ArmOK?

ARMS FOR THE ARM GOD