Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
Madmartigan, Miner Molemarian minor, is ready to fight and die for glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Antwoman approaches the prone Madmartigan hoping to finish him off, but from the ground, the moleman lunges and bites the antwoman's arm, latching on and shaking his head violently! Antwoman responds to this by using one of the daggers in one of her other arms' hands to impale Madmartigan's weapon hand! This disarms the great molemarian, who continues to shake and shake until Antwoman's arm is torn from its socket! One of her copper daggers clatters to the floor!

Antwoman stabs Madmartigan in the leg, chipping the bone, but molemarians do not feel pain! Madmartigan responds by biting the antwoman in the leg, fracturing the exoskeleton! Unable to stand, the antwoman tumbles to the ground!

The crippled Madmartigan crawls over to Antwoman's unconscious body, and uses his shield as a giant wooden flyswatter, splattering the antwoman's head! The first death of the fight is official!

Boss

as

gently caress

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
God drat but I almost feel sorry for making my poor suffering tank. On the other hand, he's so rugged I don't feel that bad.

Dontellim Pike (Furry Farm) strikes at Madmartigan (Hell Dentists) but the shot is blocked with the oaken shield!
Goku (Furry Farm) strikes at Madmartigan (Hell Dentists) but the shot is blocked with the oaken shield!
Min/Maxotaur (Furry Farm) strikes at Madmartigan (Hell Dentists) but the shot is blocked with the oaken shield!

Three attacks blocked with the shield in rapid succession, while on the ground with two legs crippled and a broken neck. And his next move?
Madmartigan (Hell Dentists) strikes Goku (Furry Farm) in the left eye tooth with his iron pick and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Dentistry. :iit:

fake e: Also, the pick wasn't really being held by Goku so much as...
Madmartigan (Hell Dentists) strikes Goku (Furry Farm) in the upper body with his iron pick, tearing the muscle, shattering the right true ribs and tearing apart the right lung through the large cow leather armor!
The iron pick has lodged firmly in the wound!

AFAICT, he never pulls it free before losing the arm he had it in.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
As impatient as I am to see more Arenafights, real life does need to take precedence sometimes. But if some other commish feels like running one of course...

And it's said a lot but the point stands: it's awesome that you guys are putting in the time for this, everyone involved in this is all awesome. Even Bad Munki, sort of.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
I bought nollij

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
Glad I bought up my Misc Object skill. A couple kills for my trouble!

I was really expecting to go the whole tournament without ever getting a kill, so each one is a real treat.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug

Cathode Raymond posted:

Please commemorate this occasion with fan art. Thank you.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
Aw man! I guess if you gotta lose, lose paralyzed memorably.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug

Bad Munki posted:

code:
gbuchold                        1542
I was part of the middle class once but now it's all gone. The times they are a changin'. #FeelTheUrist

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug

LorrdErnie posted:

I wanna say we're gonna turn things around but tbh the Dentists wear a lot of clothes and I don't know what I'm gonna be able to do without affording a new dagger...

Madmartigan is still livin' the clothes-optional lifestyle, you can stab him if you like

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
Hooray I helped

I get the You Tried honorary amputations award

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug

Pickled Tink posted:

As far as I can tell, the other Dentists and I have stuck with the amazing level of strategic coordination that has made us the force we are today: None whatsoever.
I hit things
I hit them, with a pick
Then they fall down
Is this what they call "strategy"?

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
Awww nuts

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
This was fun and everyone's hard work is always appreciated!

Now run another one, no rest for the weary

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug

Moleboy posted:

Ahh, gotcha, well for Title we'll go with Dwarfhalla, Destroyer of Dreams

Anyone have a good avatar to suggest to go along with that?

How about one of the Lord of the Rings closeups of a dead-rear end dwarf skeleton
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/lotr/images/6/6e/Ori_Khazad-d%C3%BBm.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130821164542

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
Well, I gave you an easy name to work with.

Hobert has joined the fray.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug

Tiler Kiwi posted:

ant people are very explody, by nature

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug

AJ_Impy posted:

Hmm... What's the closest thing we can have to a fish combat build? Murmillo-style with a shield, short sword, greaves, breastplate and helm?
It menaces with spikes of fish
:iit:

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
The new meta: stepladder with a crossbow that shoots bees

The actual new meta: fifteen variations on human-with-a-stepladder named after various Jackie Chan characters

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug

verbal enema posted:

Man you are gonna lose your mind even more than you already have when Bannerlord comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
There is nothing on Earth more disheartening than missing a day of work and coming back to 73 new posts in this thread

Throw your weapons for glory, you lucky bastards