Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

Pickled Tink posted:

We have to think positive!

I am absolutely positive we are going to die horribly

We just need a name that will make the other gladiators feel bad about beating us.

Soft Puppies and Fluffy Lambs ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Up to three mail shirts beneath a breastplate or suit of leather armor. Other types of armor (boots, gauntlets, helms/caps, greaves) cannot be layered.

The extra cost didn't leave much for skills, however

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

Pickled Tink posted:

That's a blatant lie! We didn't really coordinate at all, and we spent almost the entire time pre-tournament arguing over our team name, and then how to punctuate our team name!

I didn't even know the team name

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
My plan is to put another shirt on when I can afford it and turn flynn into a pillbox

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
Wouldn't it be fairer to wait another round before dropping the advantage, so all teams have had 2 home rounds?

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

In Like Flynn joins Chaz Steadyfist on 7 kills. I thought one of the all-Dwarf team might join them, but with Qwarf taking an early fatality and Dusseldwarf only racking up one skull taken, Dusseldwarf only gets as far as the 6-kill second tier.

I'm almost embarrassed by this as Flynn's skill level is pathetic. He's kill stealing like a pro, but I think it shows the effectiveness of picks

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
Yeah, reading the combat log there was an awful lot of bruising through steel armour messages than I originally thought,so maybe I was too quick to draw a conclusion. However, anecdotally my fighters have always been much more effective with a pick than any other weapon

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

GreyPowerVan posted:

That's why you would pick a dwarf, i thought?

Yup, I made In like Flynn a dwarf specifically for that reason, thinking to armour him up to give it time to kick in, but this is all theoryfortessing because I do no testing at all

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

In Like Flynn is laying down a marker! That hat-trick of kills takes him to thirteen dead by his hand, enough to have soloed three entire teams with a death to spare. He's averaging just shy of two kills every single round!

My gladiators success is in stark contrast with my betting success, I should bet on my own team more

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
Finally Chaz comes up against a real gladiator who shows him how to do it

Thanks to my team to allow Flynn to steal another 2 kills

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
Oh well, just happy we treated the petting zoo like the little bitches they were, beating them home and away

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

gbuchold posted:

I hit things
I hit them, with a pick
Then they fall down
Is this what they call "strategy"?

See, we don't need to strategize when it appears we have an identical viewpoint

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

Maugrim posted:

Around half the folks who made it to the playoffs are on discord now, where private team channels are a thing. Text and voice chat, text is saved so you can see it whenever you log in. Join ussss.

I've started a conversation with myself in the hells dentists channel, a most illuminating discussion so far

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
In like Flynn's stats if anyone interested, I never understood why he was so successful, although his effectiveness was dwindling as the rounds went on

He has the following equipment.
Steel Pick
Oak Wood Shield
Iron Helm
Iron Mail Shirt
Copper Breast Plate
Iron Greaves
Iron Gauntlets
Iron High Boots

He has the following skills.
Level 4 Fighting (Skilled)
Level 5 Shield (Proficient)
Level 5 Armor (Proficient)
Level 6 Misc. Object (Talented)

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
ITEY the Yeti has signed up, looking for some In Like Flynn luck

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
A, with any late comers after the 47th entrant put into a battle royale for the last spot

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
Squeakin squeaked in

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
We even lighter whipped teeny titans will buck the trend

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

jon joe posted:

I mean, the fact that the whips are being wielded by gremlins and a dark gnome may have something to do with it. Size is a direct multiplier in the combat damage formula.

You could use this arguement for any weapon used by the small races, but if they're getting kills more regularly with other weapons then it points to a problem with whip damage.

If whips are equally deadly as other weapons, then the size multiplier should be tweaked in favour of the little guy, otherwise there wont be any point in taking a small guy over a large guy apart from thematically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

Galick posted:

My dwarfbux :negative:

Thank you for your kind donation