Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jimbo Akimbo high fives himself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

My count is off by 1 and I dont know where. Ah well. Found it, one of the stranglers has the word strangler in their name.

Changing my werewolf's name to Strangler

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

fallingdownjoe posted:

Are Werewolves and Tigerman still the same stats? In the OP it looks like they have differences.

Better not be, I made my choice based on those values! And it's going to matter this time, I swear!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

No, they aren't. I'm a big dummy.
No argument here!

quote:

Don't you all feel safe with me running the fights?
Strangely yes, as I have full confidence in your willingness to do what it takes to maintain my "winning" streak.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I should probably read the OP.

e: So this is a team-based tournament? Assume I wasn't really tracking the last thread.

derp

Jazzimus Prime posted:

The upcoming Arena Challenge Season Five will feature a group of fighting teams slogging through a season of 18 matches in order to qualify for a single-elimination playoff! Will your team have what it takes to raise this year's Murder Bowl trophy?

As mentioned before, the current tournament will feature an 18-match season leading up to a single-elimination playoff. After each seasonal match, all killed fighters will be resurrected and all injured fighters will be healed in preparation for the next match.

How big are the teams?

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 14, 2015

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

One each, then you have to pray you don't get Bad Munki on your team.

Look at this guy, trying to make sure he's the only one that gets blessed with my skillz.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Tunicate posted:

I'm using the same build I was last time I was on your team. Let's see how things play out when I'm unquestionably the worst fighter.

I'm going with something completely new, we're talking bleeding edge garbage here. The worst you can do is now obsolete.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hey, silk knuckles are more dangerous than you think!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

AnoHito posted:

Bad Munki's newest brilliant build confirmed

Knuckle Dragger was a horrible failure, so these adamantine gauntlets on a gremlin are a sure thing!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

my dad posted:

Come on, it was a gremlin that punched a... was it a minotaur? to death. That's the opposite of failure. :colbert:

Wait, did that actually work? I can't even remember now, so I just assume everything ever failed.

e: Huh.

quote:

Knuckle Dragger_DP punches Antionette_TTA in the head with his right hand, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle and bruising the brain through the silver helm!
Antionette_TTA has been stunned!
Antionette_TTA has been struck down.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 15, 2015

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

AnoHito posted:

No wonder no one else is signing up, next fighter gets stuck with Bad Munki.

Re-registering three more times now, thanks

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh, good point. In that case, definitely do it that way!

Battle royale among all contestants, ranked in order of death, and then each team, in turn, picks the top-most-ranked available fighter, until all fighters are gone. I like it. The writeup would be a monstrous pain in the rear end, but at least the team assignment would be pretty easy (just grep "xxxxx has been struck down" from the log and there's your ranking.) Maybe do it as a back-and-forth draft so the teams that picked last the first round pick first the second round, that way nobody really gets outright screwed.

I guess there's still the problem of figuring out the draft order for the teams. I say live stream a few d20 rolls.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 16, 2015

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That's certainly true. Okay okay okay...each fighter doesn't actually appear in the battle royale, but is instead represented by a randomly-skilled-and-equipped (within point limits) gremlin proxy. We dump all the gremlins in an arena that is too small to house them all, shake it up, and watch it go.

Whatever we do, we have to make sure it requires the absolute maximum amount of work on Spermy Smurf's part.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

each gremlin gets a different number of arrows which is their signup number.

This but arms instead of arrows.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Just a custom race for each fighter is what I'm thinking. They're all gremlins, except each variant has a different number of arms.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

my dad posted:

Would we call the varialble determining whether someone has arms or not... ArmOK?

ARMS FOR THE ARM GOD

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

All right, one more spot to fill and we can GO GO GO

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

And with that, I would like to formally apologize to alcharagia, Silverminnow, and Krysmphoenix.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

alcharagia posted:

But seriously, good to work with you, Bad Munki.

I don't think you realize what's happening here.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hell, I'm pretty sure *I* don't even realize what's happening here. This is the 3rd annual something awful bingo rally thread, right?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Nah just start it now.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Astus posted:

Oh, for the other three guys in "Bronzestabbed Debate Team", I don't really feel like that name is very fitting. How about "Dead Guys Gonna Die"?

More like De-BUTT team

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Cool Rad Awesome Pals, hit up my gmail (gshort2) and I'll get everyone together so we can talk about how to most effectively lose in the shortest time possible.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It looks like Cool Rad Awesome Pals might have a commissioner on our team. I'm basing my build on that.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh it's really quite simple. See, I just go ahead and do my typical gently caress Rogers poo poo build, and then we see to it that my commissioner either runs the match or calls in a favor on whoever's running the fight, and then that person sees to it that I lose.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO FINALIZE YOUR BUILDS AND YOUR TEAM NAMES :siren: :siren: :siren:

Actually, I checked with everyone, they all say they're good to go, you can go ahead and launch the first round now. You can trust me.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Silk gauntlets.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh, for crying out loud, stop incepting golden cat baby crowns, just make the fighter in question lug Planepacked around and be done with it. :haw:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Decoy Badger posted:

I have never played DF, so I'm open to any suggestions from the other Subterranean Animists.

Kobold, full platinum armor. It's a sure thing.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

This message is for Cool Rad Awesome Pals only: I appear to have accidentally infiltrated the Subterranean Analmites or whatever they're called. Please advise.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Okay it's later and still this evening, WHERE'S THE FIGHT

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh my god it's now tomorrow this is the worst first fight to have taken place "later this evening" (n)ever!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I'd be more worried about the fact that I'm both the most easily bribed commish, and the most easily bullied.

Take this bribe money or I'll beat you up!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Experiment 22's viscous bite

I don't know what this means but it sounds really gross.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Don't worry, my team is the home team in our match, so that's sure to buck the trend.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

What, precisely, is the actual home field advantage?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

AJ_Impy posted:

we'll just have to make sure everyone plays the same number of home games.

Which is currently exactly what's happening.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

my dad posted:

"1 person gets injured/killed, everyone else, including the attacker, runs into a corner and starts weeping and wailing about the horrors of war"

Can we do a special tournament with this option on please, this sounds fantastic

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Urist McGladiator cancels fight opposing team: leading dodging demonstration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

If someone tells me (sends me new zip) I will do this for funsies with any macro i have saved from this or any other tournament.

gently caress Rogers v. literally anyone's fighter